Repeal "Firesafe" Cigarettes

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by r0llinlacs, Aug 19, 2009.

1. r0llinlacs

r0llinlacs Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT OC 1GB
    "The added and higher level chemicals contained in FSC cigarettes has proven to be more toxic than regular cigarettes and cause increased health related problems for smokers. Symptoms/conditions include, but are not limited to: Nausea, Sores in mouth and throat, Dry throat, constant headaches, extreme coughing, tightness in the chest, vomiting, body aches, pain in the abdomen and respiratory conditions including asthma and bronchitis."

I suffer from nausea and headaches. Anyone else?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/repeal-fire-safe-cigarette-laws

Please, sign the petition.

2. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    Most of those symptoms (except for the headaches) sound like they can be caused by normal cigarettes, too...

I'd look up some statistics if I was a smoker.

3. r0llinlacs

r0llinlacs Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT OC 1GB
    No, I have never had any side effects from smoking, besides the occasional coughing up phlegm. All of these side effects are directly from smoking "firesafe" cigarettes. Trust me. Firesafe cigarettes are not the same. They don't even taste the same.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wouldn't it just be better not to smoke any at all?

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I quit last November and feel sooo much better!

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Congratulations! :thumbup:

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Haha, poor diddums.

I'm so sorry that you're finding smoking unpleasant and dangerous.

Welcome to Second hand smoke for the rest of us, no one wants to smell it.

8. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    :bang: too complicated me no understand

9. shaggeyman39

shaggeyman39 Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 4850 705Clock 1150Mem
    Im sick of them messing with my cigz, I smoke camel menthol lights, Yesterday I go and buy a pack to find out the put a small menthol capsule in the filter and it can add more menthol by squeezing the filter to break the capsule, thus releasing the mentholated goodness. What a load of crap! Im sick of the new chemicals, What are they trying to do in the USA? Lower the population so Obamas Govt healthcare is cheaper. Pffff. Im pissed off now thinking about it again so im going to light another! :bang:

10. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    the fact that cigerettes are even legal is mind boggling .

cigarette's are population control. smoker's should be uniting to quit, not for chemical extract preferences. they make everything you have smell and off colored on top of it.

even when i smoked alot , i could never stand someone smoking while im eating , or even smoking when im not. second hand smoke is worse , but if you eliminate first hand smoke , there is no second hand smoke to exsist.

no pro's = quit.

11. r0llinlacs

r0llinlacs Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT OC 1GB
    Please people, read the petition. Smokers are people, just like you! I can not believe the reactions I'm getting. You should be mad that the government would do this to people! You are people too, whether you smoke or not!

People uniting is great, no matter the reason. So, please unite with your brothers and sisters to help protect them from an oppressive government! Whether you smoke or not, you should be as enraged as I am. Even if you don't have first-hand experience with firesafe cigarettes, the comments and petition alone speak for themselves! Is that not enough?

It's about time for...

GOVERNMENT :biggun: CITIZENS

But, read the petition!! AND SIGN IT!

HA, just came across this, but it's so true.

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." — John F. Kennedy

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  12. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    They don't have cigarettes like that in Canada. Glad I got in before this thread gets hijacked by the Holierthanthou's and closed.

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    No! Not in the UK anyway! Smokers raise lots of tax revenue for the Government! IF everyone stopped smoking the tax on Alcohol and Fuel would sky rocket! :p

14. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli

it cant ever be made illegal due to the amount of people smoking it

and when i was at high school everyone on the bus had to enhale the dickheads second hand smoke they wouldnt even let us open a window so yah ruin our lungs and make us smell bad cheers

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    like it or not, its going that way anyways. atleast here it is.
    since they disallowed smoking in public buildings and bars here a few years ago, allot of people stopped smoking, and the smoking children on schools has gone from 22% to 8%.