Remark about dets 51.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix 4GB
    Please post this in a benchmark topic.

2. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Saw a regular user post these scores over at nVNews.net

Det. 45.23
    http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=5456927
    CPU-8752
    GPU-5499
    Total-41849

Det. 51.75
    http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=52019381
    CPU-8732
    GPU-7176
    Total-50869

Now 9020pts difference, the optimised shaders? Pfft not likely, nice cheat nVIDIA destroy Image quality so you can get the number 1 slot in benchmarks!! :mad:

If ATi did something like this and due to their 8 pixle shaders the score would be close to 65,000 at least. But what would the point be in fair benchmarking.

Now you may say well it's not fair that nVIDIA only has 4 pixle shader units, well it tough an't it, they are selling their products for the same price or more then ATi's!

UPDATE 2nd link didn't work, that has been corrected now.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2003
  3. Soto_Ayam

Soto_Ayam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB SLI
    omg....!!!

4. RaZoR_Blade

RaZoR_Blade Guest

u cant get 7500 in 3dmark2k3 ! its not possible !

and u complain about PS/VS perf problems ..well look at his score ..

i hate to say that but ppl u are insane @@ stop benchmarking with everything possible !?!!?!? what did u expect from drivers ?!?! its just a piece of software it cant boost your FPS by 200 u still cant get it ... the whole forum complains "hey my aquamark score is low im moving to ATI screw NVIDIA .."

if you bought your pc just for benching ..forget about it .. 50 dets are just a piece of DLLs and readme file and still in beta progress..

lets see what will happen with the official ones ..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2003

5. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    Oh com'on people.

Everybody benchmarked BETA drivers long before the 51.75 drivers come along.

Everybody also posted there results that they obtained about particular drivers, BETA or otherwise, for everybody else to see.

I quite like the fact that everybody posts there results that they have with drivers, wether they are BETA or not.

It makes my decision to download and try them alot more easy.

Do you people forget what you did yesterday.

example: over the last week I have read huge amounts of posts from people complaing about the scores that 1 reviewer posted reguarding 1 benchmark, and how Nvidia sucked and how you were all going to sell your FX5900's and how you were all going to buy ATI cards.
    Now you are all defending Nvidia and it's BETA drivers.

What gives.:(

If you can't post a reply to my post without flaming, don't even bother.
    Go and tell your mother you love her instead.

The truth shall set you free.

6. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    Let me say this reguarding optimizations.

If you were to listen to MP3 at 320kb/s you would think that the sound of it was good yes. Hell it dosen't sound any different to CD audio and you can fit a hundred songs on to a cd.

Yet if an audiophile was to listen to MP3 at 320kb/s, that person would immediatly say that the quality of that sound was crap.

The same goes for video.

I am flat out seeing any IQ difference between optimized and non-optimized drivers. So for me the optimized drivers are by far the better drivers for me as they will have a higher performance in games.

Yet if someone like Hilbert(the godfather) for example was to look at the IQ of those optimized drivers he would probably say they are crap.

Now are you someone who can honestly see a difference in IQ between drivers, or do you just read that they have been optimized and let your mind fool you into thinking that the IQ must be crappy.

7. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
  8. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    They have worked fine for me,wether it matters or not,my Codecreatures final average score went up to 26.9 fps.I get a little over 22,000 in Aquamark 3. I get less jerk in Need for Speed H.P2 played @1024-768.i have had no crashes of any kind.Im happy,with this beta driver.BTW my OC'ing option is still here when I use coolbits,and it adds some option for "Fan always on" which I have not bothered to use.I am questioning the need for the temp. reading area.I have a side case fan aimed at my agp port,so everything is super cool no matter what.I could understand if its there for some of the older FX5800 users out there because of that fan shut off problem.....that I could understand.

9. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    I clicked quote instead of edit.:D

sorry.

10. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    You will only notice the effect of the drivers when using PS2.0 shaders, it will lower the image quality or parts used in PS2.0 shading and makes it darker so it's harder to tell the difference from what it’s meant to look like and what’s it showing. Other games that use PS 1.1/1.3 & 1.4 won’t receive any benefit.

If you guys are happy with the drivers why let me discourage you but what annoys me is people are putting to much faith into benchmarks and more to the point ones that have been cheated. Infact NV have made sure of this by cheating in all known benchmarks.

The other thing that annoys me was NV bashed ATi for having poor AF quality (Geforce4 days) then the Radeon 8500 used Bilinear while the Geforce4 used Trillnear. Now they use a mixed mode to of the two for D3D to out perform competitors cards in games like UT2003.

Benchmarks are pretty much useless and people should not rely on them much at all now.

11. FragFest_NL

FragFest_NL Guest

I downed them, tried them and uninstalled them my system locks up with them.

My advise, wait untill the official

12. DESSY

DESSY Guest

I GOT THEM AND INSTALLED THEM AND THEY WORK FINE FOR ME
    THEY APPEAR TO BE FAST AND I GOT AN INCREASED SCORE WITH AQUAMARK3 NOT MUCH BUT AN INCREASE ALL THE SAME ( PS I NEVER OC):)

13. DESSY

DESSY Guest

THESE DRIVERS ARE OK FOR ME --- I LIKE BETA DRIVERS THEY LET ME TINKER WITH ALL MY SETTINGS AND IF THEY DONT WORK I CAN ALWAYS REVERT TO WHQL PEOPLE SHOULD REMEMBER FOR DRIVERS TO GET BETTER GRAPHICS CARD MANUFACTURERS NEED TO RELEASE BETA DRIVERS SO THEY CAN GET FEED BACK TO SEE IF THEY HAVE GOT IT RIGHT-------------------------AND ITS UPTO US NERDS TO TEST EM FOR THEM:D

14. linx11

linx11 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT@700/1750/980
    AND YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY OFF BEFORE YOU POST.

15. RaZoR_Blade

RaZoR_Blade Guest

linx ...u could explain him in other ways ..

like .. "Yeah beta drivers are important and its like a hobby to install new ones every leak etc.. "

after that u can remind him ..

btw dessy your caps are on if u noticed .. nothing against you but think about it :) its more comfortable to read small prints

16. GrAC3R

GrAC3R Member

GPU:
    X800XT PE
    I tried to install the new Dets, but they have felched something up and now my System can't install any NV drivers, and infact wont recognize the my 5900 at all. I wish I created a restore point before hand, these are more like Alpha drivers than Beta...heh, oh well off I go to re-install XP.......Hurray 4 m3!!!

17. Starboykb

Starboykb Member

GPU:
    Chaintech FX5900XT
    I wont talk about this leak drivers until the official drivers releases from NVIDIA than i can decided what to say about. Hmm how many days left for the releases?

18. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    IMO NVidia should release their Dets 5x.xx when HL2 be released...

19. serAph

serAph Guest

the problem with you guys having all this faith in 5x.xx is that:

5X.XX's difference from 4x.xx is recompiled codepaths. The codepaths in 5x.xx will take fp24 and fp32 shader precisions and realtime compile them down to fp16 and fp12 precisions. Whats sad is that this realtime recompiling is STILL faster than what the cards would run at at their native 32bit precision. The cards are going to be taking massive quality hits to maintain FPS - sometimes to less than half of its original quality. I'd say the only hope left for the FX series is non dx9 games - like doom3 for example. John Carmack is devoting a LOT of time to making sure Doom3 looks tip-top on the NV3X series.

20. Hey I had that problem as well, only way I could fix it was a complete format and reinstall of winXP LOL :)