Release notes/change log refering to FRL possible limitations\issues

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by SerjRozov, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Hello!
    I would like to know about the current state (from the techinical point of view, NOT the tech behind it e.g. how it's done (!) ofc) of RTSS frame rate limiter feature, and most importantly it's possible issue with engine rendering artifacts if capped bellow 100fps.
    A refering to release notes where there's an explanation of such possible behaviour or any limitations on that matter would've been great, cuz I didn't actually followed on it intently since I got on Win10 and g-sync\freesync train a bit late.
    I want the answer on that question, simply bcoz I want to understand how to avoid scenario that I am experiencing with my current build in RDR2 https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...tifacts-if-capped-below-100fps-vulkan.437615/ and to get away with it in some future titles.
    I want to know what exact hardware I should upgrade to eliminate this issue.
    If I get it correctly then I need a new monitor higher than 100hz. Am I right, is that'll be enough?
    Thank you!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

RTSS release notes documenting bugs in every single game engine, which is not related to RTSS in any way, sounds like an insane idea.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're taking a theory that hasn't been confirmed to be the problem at hand and running with it o.o'

have you reported the issue to rockstar?

4. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Well that's pretty weird. Cuz simply turning off frl fixing the issue, plus how'll you explain that it affects not all systems and ofc not just mine? Plus nv v3 frl feature demonstrates same behaviour. This is unhelpful to claim that its the game bug. And kinda suspicious, i thought it would've ended on buying a new monitor or else

5. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    You haven't read my thread in the drivers section thoroughly. Idk what else confirmation you need if you got other users feedback, videos and whatnot. The ticket witg R* is closed, not the game issue, turn to my thread to know why. If not, i'm done wasting my time on you.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Really?
    This is pretty STUPID to continue claiming that it is RTSS bug seeing that it it doesn’t depend on framerate limiter implementation and continue pinging me on this issue, consudering that I’ve ASKED you once to stop that. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.