Release Dates - PC Games ***UPDATED 13 MARCH 2011***

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ElDiablo2K3, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably buggy, i would rather a delay if its fixed on release, doubt i will be geting the game anyway, doesn't look good enough to justify the DRM.

According to that link Assassin's Creed Revelation isn't delayed though, they were using older Assassin's Creed games as an example of last minute delays.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    From Dust was delayed one month, Call of Juarez: Cartel for two months and now this new Driver title for a month.

I do wonder what's behind these delays, Driver for example will use the always-on DRM and the explanation there is apparently that it allows simultaneous launch with the console version without risk of loss of profit or high piracy rates but now it's delayed anyway and still keep that protection.

Heroes 6 was also delayed but for a solid reason, there will be a updated beta test even to show some of the improvements based on testing suggestions and bug reports, same thing happened to Settlers 7 also.
    (But Settlers 7 still received twelve patches, haha.)

EDIT: Well you are likely not wrong either, focus on the other platforms first and then build upon and improve the PC edition, I'm not complaining or anything but found the delays a bit odd, that said the games aren't exactly direct ports and have a variety of enhancements so Ubisoft doesn't do a bad job or anything but these delays are a bit weird or what to call it. :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don’t think it’s deliberate or a piracy issue, I just think for most of their games the PC is a lot lower priority so it just ends up not being finished in time.

6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Serious Same 3: BFE, October 18.
    Source

7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The next Xbox is supposedly coming out around the time of Windows 9 (long wait), unless there's another one before that! but in any case, that Xbox will be using a cut down version of Windows 9, with the intention that the same version of the game can be played on both PC and Xbox.

Positives:
    - Big win for Microsoft
    - Part win for PC players, since its kind of 'automatically' optimised!

Negatives:
    - Possibly stuck with whatever graphics the future Xbox has.

Workaround to that negative:
    - They should include ultra hi-res texture and game features, and 'downsample' them on loading for the Xbox. The Xbox can then have newer 'compatible' versions come out every couple of years, that can play the same games at a higher res/detail. This would be a major win for Microsoft as they would have turnover of Xbox's, and lead graphically over Sony.

The running of Windows 9 is supposedly fact, the thing about hi-res graphics is just an assumption made by me, but one which makes sense. No doubt Microsoft won't have that foresight though... a foresight that would be a major win to both PC players, Xbox players, and financially to Microsoft.

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    thatguy91
    Nice trolling!:nerd:
    The source please!

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgsXRyYXW0

Slavery

Sort of a RTS and though it's about time we had another AO rated game this might perhaps not be the best use of it, we'll see though, nice with a developer taking risks and controversy but I can't say anything about the actual game with just this little teaser, it certainly leaves a impression however.

Release in 2012 on PC and consoles it seems.

EDIT: Hmm it seems this could be some other form of marketing based on certain comments and other facts (It's rare to see AO ratings on console being a major one.) but we'll see.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition will launch on Windows PC, Steam, and OnLive in North America on November 8, 2011 and in Europe on November 11, 2011.

Source

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    [​IMG]

13. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Serious Sam 3 will be released on November 22.
    Source

14. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Batman: Arkham City: 08.11.2011
    Source

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse

16. Witcher