reistalled windows lost 1 of my cores?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by ---TK---, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    windows xp opty 170, m/b drivers cpu drivers dual core optimizer all installed. see 2 cores in device manager, in device manager instead of multiproccessor pc i get single pc how do i fix this PLEASE

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i was able to fix it by repairing windows in case anyone else has this problem:thumbup:

3. rabidgoldfish

rabidgoldfish Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    right click on the processor in the device manager and do a driver up date, i know it sounds stupid, but it worked on all the PC at work after updating the cpu's to dual core, and you may have to do this to the cpu listed under the computer as well, and make sure if your looking at the task manager that you have one graph per core clicked. hope this helps out

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    tried that and short of screwing around with HAL and messing something up i repaired windows and that worked.

5. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    But as I've mentioned a few months before, repairing an installation of Windows XP will result in breaking the Windows Updates function (if you've already installed latest updates and then repaired).

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i dont know what you are talking about i have been using xp for 7 seven years and reformatted and repaired windows probably 20 times with no problems