Registration Shows Arrival Of AMD X570S Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yep with an S, a new entry has been spotted at that everlasting leak, the Eurasian Economic Commission. We don't comprehend just yet what the S stands for; special, super, silent, sleek .. hey, you ...

Registration Shows Arrival Of AMD X570S Motherboards

2. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Regarding the (S)ilent speculation, hope lives eternal! :p

My best bet?

It's really X570$, not X570S - motherboards were probably not expensive enough.

3. WAR76

WAR76 Member

GPU:
    3080 Strix OC
    " Stupid " ?

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Why?

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    "S"uck it Intel.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If its only the chipset fan thing it makes no sense.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    silent (would be cool), sport, sexy, slim, slick, smooth, sam optimised, silicium less, sweet,... lol

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well at least one 500 series motherboard variant can now just slot in the 5000 series CPU's without additional bios flashing or compatibility but yeah I wonder what else is on here and what AMD's solution for passive cooling will be.
    Warhol is a interesting speculation as well but I would think that's for later AMD AGESA code and bios updates unless it's going to be a while before these are released.

That or Warhol is the chipset and motherboard end improvements perhaps or both that and the CPU side getting some improvements.
    Would probably resolve some of the hardware inconsistencies and issues that way if they refresh both of these components, not too certain on further memory compatibility and speeds but if stabilizing 1900 to 2000 could be done that'd be nice too.

EDIT: And then there's the matter of what these will cost and variants from motherboard vendors re-designing their enthusiast and high-end offerings against this "Silent" version or whatever the S will stand for.
    Mid-range too and maybe even mini builds if form factors can be arranged, not sure how much heat buildup a passive cooling solution here would have and heat dispersion without the noisemaker that is the little fan here. :D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  9. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I still don't understand why anyone would buy an X570(S) board or a Zen3 refresh this late in the cycle, on the precipice of an entirely new architecture from both vendors. Zen3 made sense, but Zen3+? X570S? Literally just a few months of Intel launching a DDR5 platform and with AMD themselves probably mere months away? Bewildering.

10. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @mackintosh
    ever heard of ppl selling their stuff because they get a good price for old stuff?
    what about ppl with broken equipment (or issues), or maybe "gave away" their hw as a gift to family member?
    how about ppl not interested (time/knowledge) to deal with new-release issues?

you do realize not everyone and every build needs the latest stuff, nor does an office rig work better on ddr5, last time i checked.

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    (S)econd hand.....joking, silent would be nice as on most boot ups my x570 Unify likes to ignore that its set to silent for the user profile and run the fans around 800rpm, ok they dont sound like a jet taking off but but when my system is running in the low 30c for cpu and chipset....600rpm will do, not sure if its a bios issue or just the buggy dragon/msi center but i had similar issue with my Msi z270 Camo squad board, funny thing is...i had no issue with my z270 and x570 Asus Prime boards.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  12. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I would be happy if they have some mild refresh coming along with these boards. I have held off updating my original Ryzen machine so that would be lovely.

GeniusPr0 likes this.
  13. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    I would normally agree but right now getting parts is hard

14. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I would if AMD does a refresh. I have some expensive DDR4 memory and would not mind reusing it. I can also see myself waiting though as everything is overpriced so It may just work out to wait and buy DDR5 as well.

15. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I'd be interested in a refreshed Zen3 platform too.

It's not going to break things one way or another but as my planned upgrade dragged out longer than I had imagined I wouldn't say no to a fan-less X570 board, ideally with upgraded networking, audio and TB over what's available on the existing boards.

I also tend to believe, though this is just a gut feeling, that AM5 is further away than most of us would like and inevitably would end up with some number of early adopter issues. Whether with the memory, BIOS or whatever. So let's say a year until the platform is available, probably closer to two until it's mature.

I intend to upgrade within that timeframe, before fall ideally, and the ability to upgrade processor (which is pretty much the only thing I'd give up by going with AM4) isn't super relevant. After all I got an i7 2600K in 2011 and I'm still using that...

16. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    The silent part I like even if in my gigabyte x570 aorus master I never hear the chipset fan (I use a WD Black SN850 so it should make some noise...)

The power saving part I don't...Power saving is enemy of performance and I want performance.

17. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    S = Suprim

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    These new boards are kinda sign that there will be zen3 refresh as 5600xt, 5800xt, 5900xt are already rummored. Zen4/am5 in q4 2022 so still far away.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    What's bewildering is people who think like you.

I just got a 5600x and X570, and I do not regret it coming from a 2700x and x470. This will get me through till AM5.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Honestly even 2700x/x470 ware going to get you through until am5.