1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional lockout

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by warlord, Mar 23, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Hey gurus. I would like to ask you a question. Why subscribers can't sue Netflix, Crunchyroll and other streaming services because of different content or being unavailable?

As long as the pricing is fixed for everyone everywhere. Why am I forced to buy extra VPN services to enjoy the maximum of my paid streaming content list legally?

It is unfair as ****. And don't tell me I could try before buy. I don't think it should work like this way. There should be a content number of files/price ratio. The region with most material available should have the highest price etc. Are people brain-dead and cannot see the injustice?

fantaskarsef, Lex Luthor and airbud7 like this.
  2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The areas with the largest amount of content are their key areas, it's content versus price. For other areas they can limit the offerings in order to maximise the profits. People in the key areas would be much more argumentative if they had to pay a bit more even with the larger content library.

Lex Luthor and airbud7 like this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    while true^ ....I still agree with warlord on this one.

fantaskarsef and Lex Luthor like this.
  4. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I never got this either. They even block a lot of vpns. It's almost like they want you to pirate. If it's a matter of pricing why not come out with a all content plan? At least give us a way to watch stuff without pirating. Going out of their way to block vpns doesn't make sense.

5. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    You can get a VPN for free(im not hip with them so), but come on. If your not happy cancel n move on, seriously its a pay as you go service so I'm not sure why your getting so upset? Netflix isnt the only channel in town.....

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    It's licensing not Netflix some content is already licensed to someone else in different regions.

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Although I am against region locks, that's how it's done. Unfortunately, not all the time the content is licensed to somebody else, there's stuff simply not available because nobody licensed it (yet), like some animes or stuff from HBO in general...
    And I honestly don't need German dubs for instance, just give me OV and I'd be happy with many things that take months to reach the German licensing because of some sub par dub that's of no meaning / use to me, personally.