Red Orchestra Free Weekend

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Adma192, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a realistic WW2 multiplayer game depicting the eastern front of WW2.

It is free on Steam this weekend (starting tomorrow) allowing you to check out the game and see how you like it.

I remember a few on this forum who enjoy WW2, and another few who enjoy realistic experiences, so I just thought I'd give you guys the heads up.

I'ev currently got it pre-loaded at 35%.

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I gave it a shot last time they had a free weekend for it. Man was it terrible. I like realistic WW2 games as much as the next guy but this was just unbearable.

Regardless of what I think of the game, if you like WW2 games, give it a try... :p

3. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Why you didn't like it? Because you died constantly? Because of the steep learning curve? Because you couldn't own people right away?

:p

Anyways, I think it's the best WW2 shooter out there.

4. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Thats a harsh and abrupt conclusion. Explain why it is unbearable?

5. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    I actually like it.

Realistic, and some awesome sniping.

6. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I just didnt like it. Not my cup o' tea, as it were. Theres many more games Id rather be playing than this. But like I said thats just my opinion, I still suggest everyone tries it out for the free weekend (Valve is so smart in doing free weekends, its so awesome).

So yeah try it, you may like it... but I dont! :p

7. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    i used steams free weekender on day of defeat loved it so much i brought it a week later (but never played it since - oops! bc of cs:s rankage) i played red orchestra in its early days (as an unreal tournament mod) it was to slow for me. great game if your into that think but cant see many people taking it on.

8. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    its an awesome experience. the feelings of the guns are spot on as well as the environment. Bullets ricochet everywhere and there are very big cracks from the barrel(check out the anti tank rifle...) This is me speaking as a newbie. The learnign curve is high though...I get shot out of nowhere most of the time.

I don't know if I would buy this game, but if I could team up with some good , serious friends, im sure it would make for some great moments.

9. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Once you learn to play it without dying every second it's a very rewarding game.

10. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Well to be honest I found it rather easy. Just takes a tiny bit of getting used to the controls and how everything works. After that everyone is such an easy target... slow moving people = easy to snipe :)

...I still dont like it, by the way.

11. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Heck, I don't care if you don't like it. :D

12. rsornbe

rsornbe Member

GPU:
    ATI Visiontek 4870 512
    It does take awhile, and if you re-configure the controls to your liking.....it is an amazing FPS/Tank sim. Its not a run-n-gun like Call of Duty, and you cant take 15 hits in the chest with an STG44, but man....being patient, lining up the sights, and wasting a guy with a 1 shot bolt action rifle from 300 meters just rocks!!!! Or if you prefer, roll across the vast Russin steppes in a T-34 with your Ivan buddies...great game IMO;)