Red Orchestra 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AbjectBlitz, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is how children play in Soviet Russia

[​IMG]

But you go ahead and play with your toy planes and toy guns in imaginary Turdmekistan :D

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Just bare facts, no need for $100 million marketing campaign:

Decisive Battles: "Stalingrad"

[​IMG]

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    from the looks of the above pic that german soldier has pinched himself a russian submachine gun no?

no sign on steam that any beta action yet..

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Would love to try the game out but charging £10 for a beta is pretty stupid, hopefully they will have a free demo or a open day on steam.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes, and he did it again #@$*#^&

[​IMG]

A German officer occupying a ramshacrle fortified position in Stalingrad Oct-Nov 1942.
    He is armed with the Soviet PPSh-41 submachine gun,a robust weapon ideal for fighing in urban area

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    God damn, where is the beta.

7. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It's coming when Valve pushes the button :p

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    unfortunately, i'm affaid you're not far from the truth i bet ...

9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Remember you beta testers, get it nice and ready for me so it's all cool at release day :D.

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Beta live shortly.

11. Nerus

Nerus Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 470 amp!
    Beta live :D

12. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Downloading as I type this!!

13. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
  14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This games is freaking AMAZING, the tank battles are so real. Infantry fighting is tense and difficult. I love it. If you consider yourself a PC gamer this one is for you.

15. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Love the game, but time to drag my self to bed. Much better than RO1.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Major bugs for me. Server lag and crashes. My sound keeps crashing. I have a feeling is it Asus drivers causing this issue. I haven't been able to really play other then a few mins here and there but from what I have seen so far it has potential. The graphics are much improved over part 1 in my opnion. I will come back after I get my crashing issue sorted out...

***Update***

I think I sorted out my sound issue. I had to fiddle around with number of channels in my Asus control panel. I played again and go crash. I am still not sure about one thing though. I had fraps running and with vsinc set to off my max FPS was 60 no matter where I looked and the lowest it would drop is 53 FPS. I am using "ultra" quality settings with low FXAA which I am going to assume is a different kind of FSAA? I have the feeling even though I set it to v-sinc off it is still on somehow...

I was playing around just on foot no tanks yet and I will say I like the feel of this game. It has the original feeling but the movement seems more precise then RO part 1 did. Everything seems to move more fluid. There is much more motion blur which is going to take some getting used too. So far I am pleased that I bought this game and happy I pre-ordered it because I get to play in the beta before most other people do athough this means I get to see the bugs before most too...

What is the performance on other peoples machines and does anyone else with an Asus sound card have sound issues like I do?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Ok just bought this mainly because I love killing floor and the fact tripwire support pc gaming and support their games for a long time.

Downloading the beta now will report back later.

18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Disable the frame rate smoothing rubbish, that is limiting fps similar to vsync. Also disable the motion blur ;).

Performance here is good, not ran fraps yet but feels 60+. Not sure if crossfire is working, will play around with it later.

The only bugs I have seen were in the menu, brightness slider going crazy, browser being unresponsive during refresh, not letting me select 128 sound channels etc.

Really impressed with the game, especially for a UT3 engine without the usual hassle of fov, mouse acceleration etc. Deffo feels like a PC game.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    runs great for me @ 2048x1152 ultra settings, but FXAA doesnt seem to work? i normally run 16QAA so i forced that and the game came to a crawl, like 10fps. so i put to 4xMSAA in the CP and it looks better and runs smooooth.

sofar i'm liking the game.

20. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    FXAA is built in. You can toggle it with "scale toggle allowmlaa" console command, dunno how it's tied into the game gfx settings.