Red Faction Guerilla Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DevilsKnight, Jul 5, 2009.

1. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    can anyone tell me how to change the resolution, I tried going to display settings and then try to select a resolution but all I see is a yellow bar with no number in it?!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Drops lol , then your game is smooth :D

I'm geting screen freeze for about 5 to 10 seconds.

3. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Any news on a patch? The sound is fubar at the moment and vsync is'nt to clever.

4. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    yep have the sound issue,heard i have to do 2.1 sound to solve it lol

5. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Ya no kidding. The 2.1 to 5.1 doesn't work for me either as the sound eventually glitches later. Don't know what's taking so long to fix it. I'm not going to play the game any further until the sound is fixed.

6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    5.1 is totaly ****ed up, i cant bealive how could they **** it , did they even play the game in 5.1 ? I'm playing in 2.1 and its fine.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Volition has talked with Reactor Zero or what the developers of the PC version was named (Similar to how a CD Project branch supposedly handled Saints Row 2.) and a patch might come later on, ofcourse we'll see how it works out.
    (SR2 had Volition back out after two patches and focus on DLC and other titles, unsure if the blame is on CD Project or Volition however but the game could have used more work, hopefully Red Faction will be well supported.)

8. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    It does make you wonder if anyone actually tests these games before they release them. Checking that the sound is working properly is just about one of the most basic tests thst should be done.

9. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Yes me too, but I think if you have a quad core it can change things.

You have to quit to main menu.

I think physX with havoc engine makes all this FPS drop, happens with oblivion too. Maybe other games that using havoc too. Can someone confirm this?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have a quad-core with 8 threads and I get an average framerate of around 30 fps and occasional drops under 20 fps during excessive destruction scenes. I'm running the game at 1920x1200, 8X AA (dropping AA makes little or no difference to the framerate on my setup), everything else maxed, V-Sync and triple buffering forced on via D3DOverrider. That said, the game is completely playable, feels smooth and never juddery or jerky, not has it crashed in the four hours I've been playing. Nevertheless, it's still disappointing that I cannot get nearer 60 fps most of the time on my setup.

Decent game though... a little repetitious maybe but the destruction and physics make up for it. I'm enjoying it more than I expected to.

11. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Agree pal:) 8xAA and no AA has no fps difference even when heavy building collapsed. I think with your monster rig you should be able to play this very smooth, but it's not:3eyes: BTW I'm playing at 1920x1080 2xAA average 30-50 and drop to 15-20 during heavy physics calculation.
    I'm curious about this havoc physics. Oblivion use this too and same fps drop too during physics action.

12. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    @Darren, yeah I think you should be getting more FPS out of that monster. I get 45-65 FPS and with my current driver I'd say my FPS goes down to 10-20 during big explosions.
    This is at 1680x1050 with x8 AA, v-sync and everything on highest but ambient occlusion off.

13. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    I am very disappointed in the game. The sound sucks and LOTS of people are having problems with the sound and these guys are taking forever for a fix. I refuse to play it F'ing around with 2channel and 5.1. The solution isn't even permanent and then when there is dialogue you got to stretch your hearing to make it out over this retarded wind sound.

14. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I play it at 16 AA, vsync and triple buffer on with d3doverrider, 1920 x 1200 resolution. It uses about 25% CPU approx.

My frames usually sit around 40 and in intense destruction scenes (really intense) it gets down to 15-25.

It's relatively smooth but I find these engines were never designed for precision PC gaming, I will never have that smooth mouse movement that allows me to be really accurate, when you use a gamepad you can't notice such sluggishness and just get used to it.

Of course the whole destruction system functions off of altering the quality of the explosion effects based on the FPS of the scene so it seems odd why I don't have more headroom for the frames on my rig.

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    for me the sound is working okay, but like many the game just stalls and crashes FAR too much to be considered the "finished" product. I mean cmon I have seen EARLY beta games that play better than this..
    Which is a shame, becuase this game looks pretty sweet and gameplay seems interesting.. like this is a game that I could see myself playing for a while.. if only they had waited until they hammered out all of the bugs because to release it in this state really makes the people behind the game look baaaad.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009

16. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I think they have just worked to the release date on this one and just got the game out on time no matter what state it was in. It would'nt suprise me if the first patch is about 500MB or something.

17. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    Believe it or not they had a big beta. Obviously it was like Section 8, dev's only worked on what "they felt" was needed. Pretty glaring bug almost carbon copy of overlooked problems like Section 8. Section 8 however is a complete ripoff.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wasn't that the console multiplayer beta?, more often than not it's just to test server capabilities and bandwith as you don't get many reports and actual testing done with a open beta event and they already have inhouse Q&A personel (Or the publisher has such a thing available.)

As for this PC version it was licensed off to another studio (Can't remember their name, same was done with Saints Row 2 to a branch of CD Project.) but obviously Volition had to be behind them during development.
    (Sound issue with more than 2 or 2.1 systems and reported speed up issues with Windows 7 seems to be the most critical, unsure about stability and game bugs, didn't encounter anything when I played trough the game albeit some design decisions are quite noticeable like the constant spawning of enemies near the player once the alert level is triggered or how certain objects or rather buildings can still stand without collapsing after several blows supported only by a small connection from a bar or wall section, not seen that often though now that I think about it.)

Overall I consider it to be a decent port with some nice but demanding extras (SSAO under DX10 for example, although min-max settings are pretty similar outside of shadows due to lack of texture quality option and VSync seems to be missing as well, and how certain dual-core systems seem to struggle, setting priority to low seems to help some users though it should be the other way around, I do notice some framerate reduction during larger building destruction seqences though but nothing major.) also some smaller oddities like missing achievements for the DLC SP addon but it's not really worth complaining about as the core game seems fine.
    (If one really would like to nitpick a bit then the Live 3.0 interface might sometimes be a bit buggy - and in this game also a bit overbright - if you use auto-sign in and the lack of dedicated server software might be troublesome for certain people but that's smaller things outside the main game.)

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone else noticed the way objects and scenery pop suddenly into view when turning around quickly? I think the game looks pretty decent overall but I find that distracting at times... it's like someone is dressing the "set" while you're looking and removing the stuff when you turn away. I know that's how 3D graphics are handled but you're not supposed to be able to see it!!!

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ true that.. I found that to be a distraction. Particularily like what someone else above said about walking up and seeing the enemy spawn right in front of you.
    I have played a lot of FPS games in my day and I can honestly say I have never seen that happen before other than playing online and seeing someone spawn.. but not in SP!
    Pretty bad imo