1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Faction Evolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 29, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Well, the Red Faction series has it's ups and downs. The last game (Armageddon) was quite crap and not worth money, but the remaster of Guerrilla was nice. Idk which direction should this one go, although I'd prefer something like a return to the first two games (IE a proper old school FPS with nicely destructible environment), not another open world, sorta GTA clone.

3. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    There were two good games in the series. The first, still the best one to this day. And Guerilla. The others were either crap (the sequel was) or just "meh" (Armageddon). I don't think I want another sequel that doesn't go anywhere, unless of course they do have a good and original idea for it then... sure, I guess. Maybe a remaster of the first would be nice, although maybe not necessary. I wouldn't say it aged well though.

The one thing I'd like is a re-imagining, semi-remake of the first one (or plain and simple a reboot, and re-imagining the first one) in the style of the Total Recall movie. Made more open world but within a Martian colony setting in the veins of what we saw in the movie. A bit of a dystopian mix of Cyberpunk'ish future urban setting meets Total Recall with perhaps some gameplay mechanics akin to the likes of Vampire Bloodlines (with different characters, factions) and/or Deus Ex (abilities, augments, or branching paths, taking different decisions, being able to go stealth / infiltrate / investigate), etc.

I'd take that over some generic sequel to Armageddon if that's what they intend for Evolution if indeed it does end up being another main title in the franchise that we'll probably see revealed at some point at this year's E3.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    A good Red Faction
    A bad Red Faction
    Another good Red Faction
    Another bad Red Faction

Trend says we're due for a good one again. :D

emperorsfist and Undying like this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I would love to see the series return to FPS.
    And, while I really liked Guerilla... I'm not sure I'd want another open world one.

Kind of burnt out on every series thinking it needs to go open world.

emperorsfist likes this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I'd mostly agree. It's because all of them do it now. Although, I wouldn't mind making another RF in the veins of the original Deus Ex, like @Zenoth mentioned.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Project Snowblind was really good.
    I should replay that.

8. Celcius

Celcius Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380X
    The audio in the original Red Faction is amazing. At least, it is when played on a vintage Windows 2000 rig with an early Soundblaster Audigy card.

Whatever else Red Faction Evolution brings to the table, two things will be certainly be present:

A Battle Royale mode, and, of course, zombies.

9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Let's hope not...