Red Faction Armageddon more graphically demanding than CRYSIS 2 (DX11) or METRO 2033!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by shane_p, Jul 8, 2011.

1. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    its not just how big the lcd is the topic is if red faction armagedon is more demanding then metro 2033 i dont thinck so crysis 2 have my doubts but this is what this trhead is about dont turn this into a hardware batlegroung

2. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    an unoptimised game is always going to underperform up against a game where optimisation is actually the key to the engines success (cryengine3)

IMO metro isnt all that demanding (and quite boring!)

as for triple head... i run crysis2 (in dx9) at 4480x1080 using SoftTH on my GTX470+9400GT at 25-40 fps its smooth even tho lower fps..no problems

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Just run the game in dx9 and you will see 60fps with no issues. I cant see any real difference in IQ between dx9 and dx11. So there is no reason to not use dx9.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    +1

Finaly some1 who is actually thinking.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    2 x 6850 - game maxxed out at 1080p, runs fine, smooth

Nowhere near as demanding as OP games list

6. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    I forgot about DX11 in this game, becouse it's crap. No difference betwen DX9 - 11. In DX9 mode i get 80-120 fps (FHD, Highest settings and AAx4).

7. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    What a load of crap.

Bench metro2033 on very high with everything on including physx and advanced DOF at 1680x1050 so we can all have a laugh, then we'll compare it to his results and we can judge whether it is 'necessary'.

I know what I'd do if I had a gtx590...........SSAA + ME2 = profit?

Give me any card in the world and I'll max it out.

If you think 30 frame min is acceptable or as many placebo players like to call it "smooth gameplay", but for many including myself anything under 60 frames makes a game extremely hard to enjoy, the real life equivalent to a frame rate drop/increase would be a blood clot that alternatively blocks nerve signals to/from your retina so your vision spontaneously skips...not good.

So in other words you're looking for an excuse to justify your lack of money...

It's not his fault you got your wife knocked up if you weren't financially stable. No need to get so antagonistic Mr. Irresponsibility.

You might want to do up your fly, your insecurity is showing.

Don't they teach you how to use contraception in primary school?

Yay for people with less money than brains ( and that says a lot seeing as you're using the "I have a kid" excuse for your money issues. Having children is a choice...for anyone with an I.Q over 100 ).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Jerk..:booty:

9. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    people, do you think we could considere it a total pwnage ?

i thinkso , as i just can't stop to ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !

10. SirPauly

SirPauly Member

GPU:
    GTX

Hehe, really enjoyed this quote, thanks!:)

11. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I played this game through it was really fun actually...great weapons and good times to be had. The game ran fine and graphics look great but I did notice some graphical artifacting in 2 levels that looked like some bad Z-fighting just related to the game my cards are totally fine. Also the game would slow down unexplained during the sandstorm part and a few other parts. I think it is just the game it's a console port.... still a fun game though

12. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I get around 60-120FPS all settings full DX9 but only get 35-40 FPS(Low setting or even high settings) in DX11.

I have seen a user on the RFA forum with a I7 980x and Tri-SLI 480 GTX and he gets the exact same FPS as I do in DX11... THQ need to fix this issue

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Some one try dx 10 in this game?