Red Devil 5600 XT OC faulty bios?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by skoprowski, Mar 14, 2020.

1. skoprowski

skoprowski Member

GPU:
    5600 XT or 1660 Ti
    After a ton of time and effort I finally fixed my stability issues and all my Developer 6068 errors in COD: Modern Warfare. I purchased my Powercolor Red Devil 5600 XT at release time and immediately flashed the new bios that AMD/Powercolor released at the last minute. I've had nothing but strange issues with the card, random lockups, black screens and a ton of crashes and developer 6068 errors in Modern Warfare. The latest Radeon driver decreased the issues but the errors in Modern Warfare still remained. The card has a bios switch I totally forgot about. I never flashed the Silent bios so it was the original. I switched to that and suddenly my card was stable and I had no crashes or errors in anything. This afternoon I flashed the card to the original OC bios and so far everything has been perfect. I think there are issues with the card running the GDDR6 memory at 1750 instead of 1500. I'm thinking MSI's statement about the memory instability at 1750 is accurate and AMD just screwed up.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    use the amd driver removal tool and reinstall 20.2.2

3. skoprowski

skoprowski Member

GPU:
    5600 XT or 1660 Ti
    Thanks but did all of that, only thing that worked was lowering the memory speed.

4. famke

famke Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon RX5
    Did you update your motherboard bios? With me, and at the moment, resolved all my issues (even with OC bios update)

5. skoprowski

skoprowski Member

GPU:
    5600 XT or 1660 Ti
    Yep, tried it with 2 different motherboards. Both had the latest bios. I actually had to go back a bios on one board to get it to boot reliably. Not a single issue if I used my 1660 Ti. After flashing to the original firmware my 5600 XT now has been as trouble free. I really think it's a crapshoot on how reliably the DDR6 memory can run at 1750, maybe you got a better batch in your card.

6. famke

famke Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon RX5
    In motherboard bios i didnt use the latest update but the previous...for now everything is going smooth (even with the OC of the gpu made again)...but with all the experiences i ve made its better not to celebrate and wait a while.

7. skoprowski

skoprowski Member

GPU:
    5600 XT or 1660 Ti
    OK..I'm now done with AMD. My 5600 XT was fine finally after flashing back to original bios but now after updating to the latest drivers (20.3.1) I started getting Video_tdr_failure/atikmpag.sys errors suddenly. Tried everything from DDU, to installing an updated file..etc. Nothing worked and this was a fresh install of Windows too. Went back to older drivers and still had the error. I just put my 1660 Ti back in and am done. I ended up ordering a cheap Geforce 2060. Don't understand how AMD can be the exclusive tech for consoles but they can't seem to make it work in the PC.

Update: Since I posted this Powercolor came out with a new bios for the Red Devil 5600 XT- dated 3/25. I installed the new bios and the new 20.4.1 drivers and things seem fine now- so far no video tdr errors and Modern Warfare is not giving me Developer 6068 errors with the card running at higher speed and ram at 1750. Only thing I think I notice different is it looks like the video memory is clocking down at idle- don't remember it doing that before.It is either that or the new AMD drivers are reporting memory speed differently. Before it was always displaying 1750, not it displays a lower speed at idle. Who knows, so far so good. What a headache AMD is.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020