Red Dead Redemption

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Redemption80, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Il get the co-op pack when i get home next week, give it a try, cant have my PS3 online at uni.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Still at uni? wow thats long :)
    I have finished about 3 weeks ago :p

3. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Just finished the game today. Good God, what a great game! The ending was epic.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Played COOP yesterday and it's AWESOME.

1st session: i was kicked by all others within 5 seconds lol, i guess they had been waiting for a friend or so. nice welcome :p

2nd session: full win. you start in a lobby on foot, no weapons. you walk over to a flag where you choose your loadout. when the countdown is up the mission starts.

Like in GTA4, players see a small introduction to the mission so everybody knows whats going on. Then its the usual 'ride to location', 'shoot all enemies', 'drive the stolen carriage to another location', 'protect the freed hostage' gameplay but still great fun.

Some things i noticed:

- the missions are very hard to just 2 ppl, there are duel scenes where each player faces a guy on the ground and another guy on a horse behind him. This scene is setup for 4 players, so in case of 2 there are 8 enemies standing in front of you waiting for the draw. Slomo doesnt work online, its a realtime shootout. :D

- if you signal your horse and before reaching you it just disappears into thin air again, it means you're in a tight area which the horse AI can't navigate. Just get to more open terrain and try again.

- if your teammate is down, walk to him and press Y. A revive gives you extra points.

- once you completed a mission you can vote to replay the same one or just dont vote for the next mission to load

Anyone up for RDR COOP, add me on XboxLIVE. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010

5. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    AH im not sure if im gonna pay for it.

Btw does anybody loses connection randomly? I tried playing with my friend so many times and it takes us about 30 mins until we find a game that doesnt kick me or him out?

I thought they were gonna release patch. There were few,but i still get that error!

7. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Nope, no con problems. Problem must be something on your side / ur provider maybe?

Played with my brother for hours lately, we did all the coop missions until we had the gold archievement, then we tried the advanced coop ones.

Without the autoaim they are impossible, i guess you really need 4 guys. For normal coop you can do with 2. :)

Tomahawk is cool. After paying for the package you can buy it in the general store in Manzanita(?) outpost in the tall trees area. Means you can also use it in SP, just get it back from a dead body or else you need to buy new one. Really good fun. :)

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hmm maybe..proble is that im not the only one who gets it. Dont have any issues with other game. It can be soo annoying!!

9. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It's Sony. They want to force you to buy a new PS3 haha. ;)

Get a 360, solves your problem and we could play together.

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I have put off getting this game for the Xbox 360 since I for the most part I have invested in PC gaming for the last year or so. I don't care to spend the money on the game but I am considering it. Does it really live up the the hype?

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yes, I believe so.

12. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Yes it is great. There are some minor bugs though. Like this mission where I was suppose to take out everyone at a villa, the last guy was invisible and the rebels helping me out kept shooting the wall. A restart from checkpoint fixed this.

The middle of the game I didn't like too much, where you
    go to Mexico to do a bunch of chores and get betrayed.

13. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    If somebody is stuck in a wall or in the ground just throw a dynamite near them, problem solved.

@ShadowMyth: yeah the game is great, but like with all GTAs it also depends what you make it. a great way to miss all the 'extra' content in RDR is to hurry from mission to mission of the main story and using fast travel because you hate to ride yourself for 2 minutes.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Lol nah its not Sony..my mate has PS3 and he doesnt get that problem :p

GAme is awesome! The most epic part is when you get to Mexico and that song plays! Man that was sweet!

15. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    You guys might be laughing but i turned the music off.

Instead i hooked my mp3 player to external speakers and let my own soundtrack run along. I still got the original Outlaws music (by Lucasarts) and the official movie ST from 'Once upon the time in the wild west' from Mr.Leone.

It's the perfect atmosphere if you ask me.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Grr been trying to get Platinum award..man its hard! I have 3 awards left! Man its hard. Has anybody got platinum?

17. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Completed this game on Xbox. It was alright.

18. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    The bugs in this game are annoying (PS3 here). I was in the Tall Trees and all of a sudden my character couldn't run or use weapons, while being chased by two grizzly bears. I then called my horse then everything worked when I got on it.

19. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I've discovered that i hate going into areas where i seem to have 25fps only, tall trees is such an area. really hate the place. its quite sad tbh i think the developers should have paid more attention to get reasonable fps wherever i go. Texas / Mexico have smooth framerates, but the swamp area with its fog is really crappy. I think fog & water call for trouble with this engine. Rockstar should fix this.

I dont care if thieves landing looses 50% of its plants & trees all around if i get 35 fps in exchange.

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Game is full of bugs but i still love..One of the titles that hasnt dissapointed me!