Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    nobody cares about AI anymore all i here is graphics, TW3 looked great but AI wasn't good enough. In RDR2 AI is next level stuff, i'm super impressed RS.

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    How do you know this?

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I suppose the game won't see the day of light on PC before 2021?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Honestly, I'll be surprised if this does come to PC.
    Since neither of the past two titles in the series have come to PC.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Well it depends on whether or not they want to milk money from the online community as they have with GTA Online.

For comparison, GTA 5 for PC was announced Jun 9, 2014 and released Apr 14, 2015.
    However it was delayed after initial announcement. So ideally we'd hear something 4-ish months away.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If it does come to PC, it won't be announced/talked about until after the console push it out of the way.
    This is common place for Rockstar at this point, and I'm still surprised people don't expect it from them.

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The thing with GTA V was that they split the individual release dates onto 3 different business years on purpose.

They were hiding this fact in a clever way behind the 'we need a better version for the nextGen consoles and we need to redo millions of animations for the 1st person view' argument.

Quite clever. They can't do it again since ps3/360 are out of the race by now. Or are they?

[Edit] Also, there might be more infos coming up during E3, maybe Sony as a partner will say something about the special RDRO features available first on PS4 only.

8. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    An important factor to RDR1 never coming over to PC, was that it was pushed out the door but the code was extremely sloppy. Because behind the scenes it's a bit of a mess, it's really difficult to port properly to PC. I hope that, practically a decade later, Rockstar had a much easier job programming RDR2 and they port it to PC a year later, like they usually do.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Actually... Red Dead Redemption isn't the first game in the series. RDR1 would actually be Red Dead Revolver. :p

I know it's blasphemous to say, but I honestly don't mind if RDR2 doesn't come to PC.
    I've played the past titles, and... I get why people love them, but they never did much for me.

10. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Considering there's a Red Dead Redemption 2 coming, the previous game automatically becomes Red Dead Redemption 1, so RDR1. Red Dead Revolver is just RDR now. :p

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Either way, just crap naming.

Like the Rambo films...
    First Blood, Rambo: First Blood part 2, Rambo 3, Rambo...

ugh

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Holy F...

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Am I the only one that watched that video and was thinking, yup that'll be DLC'd, Yup that'll be microtransactioned, yup theirs another DLC, I wonder how much grind that'll will involve, I wonder how much I'll have to pay to skip that crap?

Sorry Rcokstar we all know what you're like, GTAO has allowed you a chance to show your true colours, won't be touching this game with a ten foot poll.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I have friends that are super excited for it. But, as I was never a big fan of the previous one... I'm not that hyped for this.
    It looks great, but, a lot of Rockstar's stuff tends to fall flat on me.

16. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    incredible !

17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Hopefully the PC version will have better shaders, high resolution textures and shadows.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    After GTA 5 where they sold 2 3 copies of the game, and record profits from shark card selling on each platform, still going strong on PC thanks to mods and cheats :p.

They would be pretty idiotic to not repeat the same song and dance for rdr2.

Because people will by it for ps4 and xbone, then 4 5 months later they will announce the pc port, with true 4k and 60 fps. And those console people will run out and get it on pc eventually maybe waiting for a sale and buy all those coyote cards for the endless chase of the luxury carriages and gatling cannons. :p

the problem of the wild west setting is it is going to be hella hard to come up with more and more expensive items to drop real life cash on, Unlike gta 5. you can always make a new sports car, or armored vehicle to sell, or some new cool jet to sell.

And the old standby games like poker will run into legal problems if they are selling cash for real life money and they got gambling in the online stuff.

So no more gambling dlc if they want to sell cards.

Gasp maybe they will have to rely on actual dlc this game.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I'm not going to speculate on the dlc until we actually know something. But I do think it's real shitty, and this is not the first time nor the second, that they don't tell us if it's coming to PC or not.
    It has basically been this way since GTA 4, where the PC release was announced AFTER it launched on consoles.

millibyte likes this.
  20. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Love the environments. As for the rest the usual propaganda.
    Anyway , might get a PS4 for this.