Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    As someone with a dusty PS4 sat on a shelf the mere fact we're getting a follow up to one of my all time favourite games is a damn good start, hopefully a little down the line we'll be able to enjoy it on PC as well :)

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Not sure why you think that. Given how many copies of GTA V sold on Steam, it would be a catastrophic mistake for Rockstar if they didn't release RDR2 on PC. That is assuming they like money of course.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Consoles, of which there are many, are a bigger market to be certain. But the PC is a more profitable platform. With the consoles, the developer gets a smaller percentage of the profit for each game sold as a significant percentage goes to the console manufacturer, plus brick and mortar retail stores and supply chains as console gamers typically favor hard copies to digital unlike PC gamers.

With Steam, Rockstar is guaranteed to get at least 70% of the profit for each digital copy sold, compared to the 30+ percent or so they get from console sales. And another thing is that the sales cycle on PC is much longer than it is for consoles.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think any publisher or Valve have ever released figures stating publisher gets at least 70% of the profit from each digital copy sold.

Rockstar might get that if they do a EA and create their own DD platform, as the lower sales/larger margins solution works for some and i think Rockstar is definitely one of them.

Edit: I didn't even realise it was my post you quoted, nearly a year ago and 2016 was a blur for me. Nice to see im at least consistent.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    red dead redemption is probably the best open world game i played on the xbox 360, it is that good.

Grimbarian likes this.
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    omg! thats awesome. only rockstar is able to do this

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Disliked, cuz no mention of PC.

9. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Epic trailer from Rockstar (as GTA V),but only on consoles,I guess.
    Will be good as good old western movies from 1940-'50-'60s.

10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Shouldn't this be in the console section? Or did this get announced for PC??

11. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Considering the big success that GTA V was on PC - I don't see why they shouldn't make a PC version.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Bugs. A LOT of them.

13. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    And I'm considering the fact the first RDR never made it to PC. ;)

14. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well, Red Dead Revolver was, so that's not true.

But yeah, even tho i've heard their excuse that redemption was a disgusting mess of code and thats why they cant release on anything else ever again, i find it hard to believe. Also not holding my breath for this one.

If it happens cool but ultimately im out of patience/good faith when it comes to their company.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I'm actually very surprised at how much worse those graphics look compared to the initial reveal trailer. The texture quality looks subpar for a game that will release in 2018, and the Vaseline filter definitely isn't helping things either. I'm sure that footage is from either the Xbox One or the OG PS4 though, so I shouldn't be surprised. The PC and Xbox One X versions should look much better.

16. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Trailer is supposedly real-time on PS4 http://gearnuke.com/red-dead-redemption-2-timed-exclusive-content-ps4/

And again, while this is in the PC Gaming section, there has been no mention of a PC version yet. Only console.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Rockstar is probably getting paid by Sony and Microsoft to not make a PC port, to boost the sales of those children toys.

But no matter, soon we'll be getting Outcast: Second Contact.

18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't be a bitter child yourself, and ironically the further away i moved from being a child the further i moved away from PC gaming.

Anyway...the trailer looks great from a game point of view, technically though i'm really not impressed, but if there is no PC version on release and the Xbox One X version is a good port then i will no doubt buy one of those, as western is a genre i really enjoy. Even had the first HBO show i like in Westworld, albeit that is half sci-fi as well.

19. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I prefer a controller for driving games but for the life of me I cannot run and shoot with one else I would enjoy the ps4 a lot more...

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No one can shoot with a controller, it's awful but can be tolerable if you persist and get used to it.

Movement is always better with a controller though, WASD and anything similar is awful but again can be tolerable if you can get used to it.

airbud7 likes this.