Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    ^ Yep, as I said a few times already I'm not a fan of sharpening filters, but the RIS is actually pretty good. Devs should implement that directly to games to avoid unwanted sharpening on some elements(like UI) though.

2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    That's interesting as I saw a post on the GeForce.com forum from someone with the same ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q monitor as me saying that G-SYNC wasn't working for them.

However, I thought it was working as the game still felt smooth even at 35-45 fps and not jerky like sub-60 fps tend to feel otherwise.

I have the in-game V-Sync setting off plus Triple Buffering is off too as it isn't needed for G-SYNC. V-Sync is On in the NVIDIA Global profile.

I will check later by enabling the G-SYNC indicator in the NVIDIA control panel.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    It's like you guys are beta testing at this point...

I usually pre-order games but wait for at least one patch before playing.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Beta testing = PC gaming, where have you been?

serbicu, cerebus23 and angelgraves13 like this.
  6. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Been PC gaming since Commander Keen brah

SerotoNiN likes this.
  7. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I just experienced the most annoying bug.. All the markers on the map floated out or inwards when you zoomed in or out and never in the correct locations..

8. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I took some PS4Pro screens from latest version 1.14 so you can compare to PC, but I'd say the difference is pretty obvious.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SerotoNiN likes this.
  9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I'm gaming 4k with resolution scaling 0.800 something, textures high (weird limit in game, it will not allow me to apply settings if i overcommit the vRAM) and mostly high settings with some medium for shadows. Vulkan is most stable, DX12 texture popping is allover the place.
    Lowest i've seen was 32fps, but most of the time is 38-42fps which is perfect considering my rig.
    For me HDR is missing from settings. Vulkan or DX12, no HDR.
    Other then that i have to disable Avast so it wont crash at startup which is retarded tbh.
    Game looks beautiful, around 20% better compared to the PS4pro version for me running at my current settings.
    Running latest driver, i've spent 8 hours today in game, no crash or other weird issues.
    [​IMG]

10. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I agree here.. Vulkan is the most stable, DX12 had a lot of weird artifacts and texture glitching. I was indoors and the light through the glass windows was glitching and flickering on DX12, on Vulkvan everything was normal.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Vulkan looks like it has more steady frame pacing and less slowdowns, but overall lower performance by a bit. That's fine...it's better to have consistency than speed. No doubt some patches will speed up the game, but frame pacing issues are rarely ever fixed.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Is any Nvidia user interested in taking a go with Vulkan using the latest developer driver? It was released two days ago and says there's some various minor performance improvements and improved behavior when low on memory
    https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

13. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Seems like there were more people using AMD having problems and that updating AGESA has fixed it.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Didn't you spend the last week dogging this game out? You bought it and then compared it to a previous copy you also purchased? I laughed out loud for real. Just giving you some crap. All good. I may still buy it myself.

EDIT:
    I hope next gen brings better foliage. Leaves on trees and blades of grass look so flat and unrealistic in so many other wise photo-realistic games.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I've been testing quite a bit now... and i have come to the conclusion that i am not going to play this game till i can play it at native 4k. The resolution scaling is horribly bad in this game - at anything other setting than "off", it becomes a blurry mess.

Native 4k
    [​IMG]

4k with 0.66 render res (aka 1440p)
    [​IMG]

I also tested vulkan, and Vulkan marginally increases fps, but is way more stuttery for me, aswell as more blurry than dx12 somehow.

Vulkan
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    LuckyNumber8 likes this.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    Of course it will, in 4K 30fps glory :p

SerotoNiN likes this.
  17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Was playing yesterday with MSAA+4 for a couple of hours and had only slight hiccups. So today i though i'd try TAA and put textures quality on ultra and all that.

RDR2 stopped working after 2mins LMAO.

Might try the latest Nvidia drivers i guess. (I'm on Win7 and use DX12 ingame)

18. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I didn't buy the PC version, these are PS4 screenshots. And my complains were always about gameplay mechanics and not about visuals.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Has anybody installed the game on a mechanical drive? If yes, how does it run? I don't have enough space on my SSD!

20. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Yes, running on a mechanical drive, no issues at all.