Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Game has been rock solid 'out of the box' for me. 1080p at mostly ultra. Such a beautifully crafted game. I can see why so many of my friends went AWOL for a couple of weeks when it released last year. I'm an antisocial, murderous, unshaven, unwashed Arthur Morgan the uber bandit. I always play the good guy in these kind of games. Time to mix things up :)

Grimbarian, Jackalito and jbscotchman like this.
  2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You know I have not played the console version, as "console" is a word I like to censor on these forums? :)

However, I am not disappointed and would call it a very well optimized port, then again I have been testing at the better image quality settings. Tomorrow I'll dive in at the game with more 'medium' quality settings to see what that does in perf, but also will have to visit the effect in overall image quality as a result of that.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Geez Louise! The decrypting is actually slower on my PC (game installed to a 1 TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD) than it took to download the game. Good job, I have a meal to eat in the meantime and today's Tenable to watch on TV!

Got to say though that I am shocked at the performance numbers that I saw in the benchmark. Granted, the PC's visual scale much higher than the consoles, but even the Xbox One X managed a mostly locked 30 fps at native 4K yet it looks like I'll be having to settle for 30-60 fps at 1440p on my PC. Disappointing.

Singleton99, SerotoNiN and Dragam1337 like this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Damn right man. I've been playing for 3 hours now with not one issue, hell it's actually running in the background right now. I've been Alt Tabbing in and out all morning.

airbud7 likes this.

5. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Undoubtedly, both Nvidia and AMD are going to take advantage of the launch of these games to get us their newest GPU models, covering the performance of older GPUs.

SerotoNiN and Dragam1337 like this.
  6. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Pascal owners to Nvidia : Why Nvidia, why!
    Nvidia to pascal owners : For money!
    :D:D:D

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Darren Hodgson and Dragam1337 like this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I expect CP2077 to really be the golden marketing target for AMD/Nvidia next year, to promote their new gen GPUs.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    If the 3000 series is a proper upgrade, and not just a measly 30% faster than the previous gen (before nvidia beginning their foul play), then i am ok with them using that game as the poster child for gpu upgrades... but i am very skeptical tbh. It will either not be much faster, or very very expensive... or both. Most likely both actually.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Passus and angelgraves13 like this.
  9. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Great to hear that the game is actually working for some. It is a bloodbath at reddit. I'm looking forward to try it out later today.

Are you running 1440p? and what graphic setting? and your vcard?

10. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Send me one of those juicy 5900 XT, Hilbert ;) :D

Nice, thanks! :)

11. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Seen on Reddit people are now reporting better performance with the 441.08 vs the current game ready drivers.

At work so cant check, anyone give it a try??

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Game starts only in windowed borderless mode for me, seems not to keep the fullscreen setup, therefore no HDR as well for me. Anyone encountered this as well?

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    Wouldn't be surprised if pascal owners got better performance with non "game optimized (for turing)" drivers.

14. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    I have a noob question. Doe's the game require Social Club to launch.? Mine is tied to an old email account that has been closed for years. If i play GTA V on Steam it logs me in automatically. Was thinking of getting this on the Epic store since I don't want to wait for the steam version.

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    1080p mostly ultra settings, particles and shadows on medium. Getting a solid 50-60fps with V sync on. The great thing is that it's not CPU intensive. I'm still using an FX 8350 and this game runs better than GTA V.

Yeah I didn't mess wit the new drivers, something seemed fishy about them. Been using 441.08 all day and performance is great with no crashes.

airbud7 likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Why would you buy on Epic? Just get it straight from Rockstar.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 ti @ 2100 mhz
    I am really freaking hating rockstar for not at least including dx11 with this title... fat chance of them officially support sli, with nvidia actively trying to kill off sli in favor of their rtx crap... but at least give us dx11 so we could make sli work ourselfs !

I am really feeling like just refunding this game, no way i am playing it in this state...

18. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Even the launcher requires logging in to Social Club.

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And this is a surprise?

20. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I woke up early today to try this game before work.

Took around 10 minutes to install Rockstar's launcher and to create a new account. Game started and crashed near the bullet animation at the beginning every time. Verified files, nothing! I installed the latest NVIDIA driver, same thing. A quick Google search suggested to turn off my antivirus, I did and I could finally reach the main menu - HDR was automatically on. However, navigating the menu takes forever to load... it takes a solid 2 minutes for the screen to fade to black (to transition to the new screen) but stays black. I had to alt-tab in and out a few times to see the new screen - rinse and repeat. I didn't not restart my system after the driver install; I don't know if that was the issue.

I was going to take a few days off to play the game, glad I didn't take today off. My day would've went into troubleshooting this mess.

Anyone experiencing anything similar?