Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Stopped playing the PS4 Pro "Blurry edition". Preserving my PC experience :D

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Never played the console version. Preserving my PC experience :D

Netherwind, XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    As said before, sidemissions may vary depending on your morale stats. So your playthrough may be slightly different than that youtuber's. ;)

Lookin forward to play this a 3rd time on PC though, i need KB & M.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I suppose PC version still not confirmed though?

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Only via linked in profile "leaks" and such and some retail listings nothing official. And they denied every one officially.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah so nothing's changed then.

I've seen retail listings for Half-Life 3 so wouldn't hold my breath... :)

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Thank God we have Division2 and other games coming up 2019, so i'm not really waiting for it.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Basically the exact same thing that happened with the previous RDR game. :)
    Sorry, not trying to be negative... I would love to see it come to PC.

But, leaks, rumors, false listings on retail sites... all happened with the previous RDR.
    Chances are definitely better for this one to come to PC, but... until word comes from Rockstar, I'm not believing a single damn thing I see about it.

XenthorX and sertopico like this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Previous Red Dead Redemption game is almost 10 years old. GTAV has happened since then.
    Meanwhile PC and console gaming market growth has been fairly limited especially in regards to mobile gaming explosion.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC, it's a business fact.

cerebus23 and MaCk0y like this.
  10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Yep. Does anyone think Take 2 is going to miss a financial opportunity like GTAV was on PC? Don't know the financial state of the GTA Online on PC but I think it is still probably raking in money. They are just waiting for it to dwindle down significantly and then they will release RDR2. No reason to be competitive with oneself.

XenthorX likes this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    But the gameplay leak looked quite authentic. How the hell do you fake something like that?

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I fail to see how RDR being ten years old has anything to do with what I said.
    TEN years ago when RDR released, there were the exact same rumors, false retail outlet listings... the same stuff saying it was coming to PC.

I'm not saying it'll never happen.
    I'm just saying there's zero reason to assume the third entry in a series will appear on PC simply because of "reasons" when none of the other entries ever did. I don't believe in following rumors.
    I wait for facts. Official word. Only then will I personally believe that it's coming to PC 100 percent.

Until Rockstar says differently, I'm not believing a video on youtube or a few random Reddit people who have "inside" information.
    I have a friend on another forum who is family with a guy that works at Rockstar. Guess what.... he has said nothing about RDR2 being on PC.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm referring to the complete mutation of video game market growth. Games are constantly more and more expansive to make while console market is barely growing at all.
    Studio have to release on console and PC to cover the developement cost.

10 years ago console and PC gaming market were growing , it's not the case anymore.

tl:dr : Game cost more every year, while market not growging -> have to expand.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  14. Every game is developed on PC. Every programmer, artist or game designer is using PC version first. So some form of PC version exists for virtually every game. Even for PS4 exclusives etc...

RDR2 is not GTA5. TBH it is quite far from it. It's aiming for a different group of players.

And to be clear I personally believe that RDR2 will be released on PC at some point - even though I wouldn't bet on it. But I would be seriously surprised if it happened before PS5.

Netherwind likes this.
  15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Very true.
    I have several friends that loved GTA5... and hate RDR2.
    And vice versa.

RDR2 may be "Rockstar"... but it's in a completely different style then GTA5. Much slower paced, more detail orientated.
    Some people I know dropped the game because in their words "nothing happens". They want the big spectacle, the action set pieces.

INSTG8R and cerebus23 like this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That graph...I wish it wasn't real and I almost refuse to believe it. I mean, there is so little you can play on mobile compared to PC/console? Imagine playing RDR2 on mobile, it would be so insanely clumsy, not to mention the small screen, bad speakers, no HW buttons. The only advantage is mobility but would that mean that everyone only plays outside? Cause what is the point in playing at home where you have access to console/PC?

I guess you have a point but what about those games that "are ported to PC"?

XenthorX likes this.
  17. Term "ported to PC" is mostly misleading. As I said some form of PC version always exists. To release on PC you just need to do a few changes, like a few GUI changes, add mouse support(which is almost always already there) and add more sophisticated options menu. Sometimes you need to fix some visual/shader bugs which might occur in some rare cases. In our case we also had to create PC version of movie player because we used built-in XBOX/PS players. These changes usually require about a month of development time.

In case of R*... they are using in-house Rage engine, which natively supports PC, so there is no doubt very well working PC version already. Whether it will be on PC or not is purely marketing decision.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There's a LOT more to bringing a console game to PC then what you listed above.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    If it releases on pc, it will be like GTAV allover again. Remastered for the next consoles, then for pc.

20. I love this kind of internet comments. Saying literally nothing specific, not a single argument and yet trying to deny something I have worked on and experienced first hand.

DocStrangelove likes this.