Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Cause most people don't give a fack about hdr...

2. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    So it is not a bug if most people do not care about HDR.Typical response from you

GoldenTiger, Archvile82 and wrathloki like this.
  3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Excellent input, really furthers the discussion

WhiteLightning likes this.
  4. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Because most of the time is poorly implemented either form developers or monitors have a poor support.
    I said it before, HDR was a massive impact on iq, and its a shame that its does not have the attention that it deserves.

JAMVA and Archvile82 like this.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I love HDR. So far i've been playing bf2042, battlefront 2, COD and they all look great with HDR. Need to try RDR2. This is playing on a legion 7 22 model btw.

JAMVA likes this.
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Once I turned HDR on in Division 2 it was like a whole different game, looks stunning.

JAMVA likes this.
  7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Is that game still active? I have it, but stop playing a while ago. Think I should get back into it and since HDR works well on it I might give it another try.

Grimbarian likes this.
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Oh yes it certainly is! Probably should continue in the thread for it: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-division-2.421492/ but in short, it's currently in the middle of season 11 and soon (hopefully in a couple of months) there's a new SP/Coop mode coming called Descent which though little detail is known sounds something like a blend of Survival/Underground from the first Division.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  9. Hertzian56

Hertzian56 Guest

GPU:
    rtx 2060 6gb
    Getting back to this it's been stable for a while now, I tried a bunch of things and it couldn't have been the mods solely, as it crashed without the ones that didn't work deleted. I went through them all and the ones that didn't work were deleted. I still get the occasional error FFFFF but it's rare now. Played for like 10hrs straight the other day no crashes.

Something I do is to get to the base camp I teleport to a waypoint in camp with Rampage because that was almost exclusively when it crashed, entering camp. It's fine IN camp around camp etc. I'm at Shady Bell now, pretty depressing place. I've finished this all long ago though, a few times. For some reason when approaching camp there must be some loading error or whatever but when teleporting there it just works idk weird.

I also put the settingsxml to read only so the game can't just change it, have the commandlinetxt with the pipeline cache ignored and cpu rebalancing callouts, apparently this is the same as the GTA5 one and works. I don't use DLSS in this game as my settings work fine for 60 the vast majority of the time. I have the stutter fix from nexus which adjusts pools and works. I think I've got all the mods I need now, other than here and there and I really wanted dark nights to work and now there's one on nexus too but can never seem to get them to work, still way too bright in the open at night idk.

10. Hertzian56

Hertzian56 Guest

GPU:
    rtx 2060 6gb
    I use dynamic seasons with vestigia but also I put the Whyems Visuals timecycles overwriting the vestigia ones, gives it a nice unique feel. Have the longer days mod and adjust the ingameseconds to get a longer night time by about 40% than daytime, a whole 24hrs ingametime is around 2hr40mins so things like mornings and twilights are longer to enjoy rather than the rush that RS has for the time and they have MUCH shorter nights by default. Weather also lasts a lot longer instead of 1 min rain storms lol rained for 5hrs ingametime last night, much more realistic.

One thing that's great about this game is that you can actually learn real things playing it. I've got into legendary fishing and fishing and learned about various species. Same goes with horses. There's the herbs/plants but not into that so much. Might try the bird watching as well at some point. I was big into cp77 and played everything up to "meet hanako at embers" but now I'm mostly this.

vestibule likes this.

11. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    I consider this an omfg snap.
    They even do water refraction. See Arthurs boot.
    Mad as a box of frogs eye candy. :)
    Arthur refraction.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  12. ^ This technique is as old as deferred rendering (probably even older). You just sample the RT from previous opaque pass with a specific offset.

That said, pretty much every rendering feature they have in RDR2 is extremely well polished.

vestibule likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  14. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    How do I get to my screenshots that I have taken in photo mode....I found them in social club, but how can i post them ?

15. Horse Hooves Clomping

Horse Hooves Clomping Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3060ti 8gb FE
    While I do agree rdr2 is impressive, one thing that bugs me is tree foliage is super oversized, making the scenery look like tabletop model.

I was watching long riders on utoob the other night and as soon as horses appeared, I instantly aimed my eyes for the genitals- "are they riding a boy or a girl horse?" It sort of happened subconsciously.

16. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    pedropaulo likes this.