Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    steam version
    still has 2.3.2 I replaced the original with

2. AdamNortonUK

AdamNortonUK Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG 2080 Ti
    Ok, that's different then and I stand corrected on that, but those without the steam version obviously have the issue of it always being replaced every time they launch the game, unless they replace it straight after it gets replaced by the Rockstar Launcher. :)

3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I installed this game some time ago. Played for about 20 hours. it's vast. It's just VAST! big, I get into trouble and just die. Still sitting there installed on Steam

4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Felt the same way when i started to play it as a fun shooter like RDR1, but it wasn't. Instead R* made every little action in this game into a micromanagement system where little gains sum up to big gains in termns of withstanding damage, bullet damage to enemies and stamina / your horse's stamina. So you need to prepare your equipment for the next 'getting into trouble' which makes this game overly complicated imho. I'd very much prefer RDR2 to be a fun shooter like RDR1 was.

In short: eat, find treasures to buy better weapons, buy better ammo, clean weapons often, mix better potions, learn how to shoot slowly but with better aim and learn to how to ride with the right rythm to maximize the stamina of your horse. Stuff like that.

vestibule likes this.

5. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Well I finally got the game.
    Strange game, its like a western soap opera. Its pretty intriguing though and am enjoying it. Levelling up at the mo etc.
    Great looking and at times close to real world.
    GTX1070 I have, does any one have any eyecandy tweak setting for this card 1080p?! :confused:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Use the below videos as baseline and make your adjustments from there.

If you use TAA make sure you set it to medium, otherwise the game will look pretty blurry and you also have to do this every time you launch the game because it resets to high for some weird reason.

Even with its faults RDR2 for me is the best game I've ever played, I had it for ages too but only finished it 2 months ago, took my time because I didn't want it to end. Decided to give RDO a proper go after finishing the single player and almost 2 months later it's still my daily game I play, I've hardly played anything else. I just can't get enough of the world and how chill it is when you just go do some hunting etc. Haven't even ran into any cheaters yet which I was quite surprised about, most people just go around doing their own thing.

7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    wasn't too hard for me tbh
    frankly,it's kinda easy.you've got plenty of ammo and as much of dead eye as you wish since food and tonics are easy to come by.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Oh yeah i forgot to say: i never used dead eye, not in RDR1 nor RDR2. I guess i need the extra challenge.

9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    thats like not using bullet time in max payne
    you're taking a lot from the way it was intended to play.

Maddness and Solfaur like this.
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Maaan, the black&white cinematic shots alone are worth it. Nothing like blasting a guy in the face and seeing teeth and brain nuggets flying around in slow motion... I don't remember if you can get those without using dead eye?

Repo Man likes this.

11. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
  12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090

100% this. So many ppl complain that RDO isn't rammed with content but i've barely ever touched the pvp and the pve and open world is so chill. RDR2 is, for me, the best open world i've seen in a game. Just walking and riding around is enjoyable.

DocStr4ngelove and Grimbarian like this.
  13. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    @Repo Man
    Again thanks for the vids. I am amazed at how well the game now performs with the optimal settings shown in the vids and with very little degradation in eye candy.
    That guy @hardwre unboxed clearly put in a lot of work and so good on him too.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Issue with RDO is that others can attack you no matter what you do, which is really procreating lame, and just encourages twats to grief others... why they didnt include a true passive mode, as in gta5, is beyond me. Passive mode is the only thing that makes gta5 online tollerable for me.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Rdr2 in glorious 8k... sure is lovely !

[​IMG]