Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    So i could invite friends into the solo lobby since its an invite only? perfect

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Yup, thats what me and my brother do. The experience is miles better than being hit with explosive rounds every 2 mins.

3. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    I always go on defensive mode. Never had any issues, but havent been playing since February i think.

4. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Now, this could be a seriously far fetched assumption, but when I play RDO in "normal" EU time let's say from 20PM to 1AM CEST, I don't usually have any problems with cheaters or idiots shooting at ppl simply walking around. PPL at this time are mostly OK, trying to wave at you or help you. But boy... every time I played the game at later time, like 5am or 12am CEST, every other instance I get into is full of cheaters or "idiot" players.

Anyway, I agree, and I said it many times before, that the lack of private lobby is one of the biggest downsides of RDO. I mean, there are a LOT of gameplay mechanics, game economics and other issues, but the lack private lobbies is definitely in top 5.

Or they could make a public lobbies, where players could see each other normally (unlike the defensive mode), but could not hurt themselves in any way. Simply speaking, it would be a co-op lobby. That would help as well.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Party Poison likes this.

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Man this last update has completely broken the game.. full of horrible stuttering now making it unplayable!!

They should have just rolled back the last update considering how bad of a state the game is in!

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Tried stopping the CPU downcloking? Speed dropped to 800mhz at times.

Im not getting any of that stutter at all,

7. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    I tested with CPU locked to max clocks no downclocking and no change.

Did a bit more testing it appears it's just with G-Sync or running the uncapped FPS without V-sync. If I change to 60Hz with Vsync it's perfectly smooth or use a 60fps limit with Rivatuner it's smooth.

So narrowed it down to Forcing Gsync on & Vsync on in the driver causes massive stuttering. This never happened before this patch. I also tried the following drivers and all of them acted the same way regarding Gsync/Vsync forced. Versions 441.87, 442.74, 446.14, 452.06.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  8. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Interesting. I've got gsync on and NVCP v sync on for red dead but vsync off in game.

also if you change any gfx option at all change the game to windowed and then back to fullscreen. Theres a bug atm with changing any graphics option it sets the game to fullscreen but borderless. Changing it to windowed and back or ALT+Enter twice fixes it.

I only noticed it because my monitor has a refresh rate display that lets me know if Gsync has hooked in or not, after changing any setting I noticed Gsync was off.

9. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Had a stuttering when playing online yesterday. Horse was jumping up and down but i couldnt run either. Dropped every hide i tried to put on the horse as well.

Not sure why i still play this game.

10. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I tried the RDO today for a few minutes as well. When a 3rd pelt disappered from my hands and one of daily challenges wouldn't trigger even after multiple attempts, I closed the game. Yeah, the new era of games as (bad) service...

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've got a G-sync monitor and always force V-sync in the driver but disable it in-game. I've not played RDR2 for a while now...the game simply doesn't pull me in, not sure why. Maybe it's the very very slow pace that off-putting. Anyway, last time I played the game it ran fine like usual so I can try it when I get home today and see if I get the same stutter that you mentioned with this new patch.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Got a new update just now so I tried the game and it worked fine.

13. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    I'm planning on buying some games later today, should I get this or horizon ZD?
    (will be on a 2080ti)

14. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Let's hope they add RTX support someday. The screen space reflections look pretty bad at times.

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    This one is basically guaranteed to work. Horizon is not yet there. Aside from that you have to check reviews to see what is mostly to your taste.

cerebus23 likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Thanks Amaze, i'll pick it up soon then.:)

17. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Unless they break it in another update... again.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
  19. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    DannyD likes this.
  20. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    No startup crash here, have you guys tried running the launcher and game as admin?

That stupidly enough fixed an old crash for me