Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    There's a start mission for the new role where you hunt down legendary animals. You unlock new weapons as you progress through the role and that's it.

I can't see anything about DLSS 2.0 so this patch is nothing special really.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The numerous stability and crash fixes alone seem like a big thing assuming they actually are (mostly.) resolved after this update.
    New tech would be neat though but I don't see it happening even if it's easier to implement unless for this particular one NVIDIA gives them some incentive to devote resources to it.

Usually if at all this happens during the first few updates before resources are diverted to work on whatever else, for this game and GTA V it sounds like a PS5/XSX (XBox Series X was it?) port is going to happen possibly also with work to split off the online component which is going to take some work to decouple that plus whatever they'll add to these platforms that wasn't in the PS4/XO versions or possibly even the PC one.

GTA6 is rumored as well but it's nice to see them getting back to Red Dead 2 and even it's online mode after from what it sounds like focusing on GTA V Online since well it simply earns them more as players invest in cards and game content more than what they (previously) had in Red Dead Online.

Might shift a bit but I assume players might still favor the stuff in GTA but we'll see, glad to see more major updates released and also fixing bugs outside of the online mode. :)

Nekrosleezer likes this.
  3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Someone poke me when they add content to SP or at the very least allow friends only online so I can play it with my wife and no other plebs :)

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Something tells me that you'll wait a long time for that poke...

AsiJu and Grimbarian like this.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Are we supposed to get DLSS 2.0 at some point? I'd nut because the ingame TAA is total ass.

XenthorX and angelgraves13 like this.
  6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Anyone else get odd black triangles rendering randomly in the background? Seems they messed something up with the patch.

7. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 SUPER
    Indeed, a friend of mine and i stopped playing this game because a lot of crashing issues when it released. Now is working better and no crashing or stuttering.

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    This is a pretty good impression of Arthur Morgan :D

XenthorX likes this.
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  10. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Yeah sure leave PC out whatever. I begin to lose faiith in R* altogether. It's only about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they can make for Take2 at this point.

Wish they would break away from T2 (like Bungie did with Craptivision) and get Houser back into the team. :(

11. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    But they finally fixed the Seamus' table in RDR2 single player, which disappeared months ago when they were adding stuff to RDO :)
    It's really funny how some SW companies work these days. They fix one thing, break the other and vice-versa... never ending cycle.

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
  13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    It is? I was only forwarding this as i read it, hmm.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  14. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Yea i was speaking to some folks on the reddit too, 99% of major server issues are consoles.

Pc just still has the problem of bugger all spawning if you are in a full lobby. Go into a solo lobby and you'll find legendary animals and events everywhere.

15. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 SUPER
    i noticed that ultra settings can work for hours with no problems, but when i change any settings, for example beyond ultra settings the game random crashes to desktop.

16. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Solo lobby? How?

17. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    So... how about RedM Milestone 2, anyone? RDO is terrible TBH and the worst example of online game forced onto a single player game.

Solfaur likes this.
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Need a friend, They sit at a poker table and invite you. Then they highlight your name in friends list and get ready to join you.

Accept their poker invite at the same time they clock to join you. You'll be dropped into a invite only instance and it is wonderful. No hackers, no griefers and tons of events.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  19. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    Is it this ?

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Yup,