Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I'll remember it for next time :)

2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    So everytime i want to switch a session (MP lobby to another lobby, or MP to SP story or vice versa) i get the infinite loading bug. I always have to end the whole game and restart.

You guys got that too? wtf

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Did it to me too. Another_Unresolved bug.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
    Has anyone in the UK been having real issues with Rockstar Launcher/Social club recently?

It has been working fine up until the last week, and now I just cannot get the launcher to sign in. It either just hangs on the "R" logo loading page, or when Ive done the (ridiculously annoying) Capcha picture thing doesn't do anything at all.

What's more, I cant contact support as when I try to sign in via the webpage, I get a "unexpected error has occurred, if you continue to see this error please contact support". The irony being, I cant contact support unless I can sign in!

All my other other launchers (steam, origin etc) work fine.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Have you tried for example using a VPN or alternative DNS such as OpenDNS to rule out an issue with your ISP? Another option is to reset your DNS stack, I do it from time to time with a batch file:

Code:
     ipconfig /release
         pause
         ipconfig /renew
         pause
         netsh winsock reset catalog
         pause
         netsh int ip reset reset.log
         pause 
    Save that as a batch file and run it.

cerebus23 and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  6. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    I tried to get rid of other players in MP with same trick as in GTAO (taskman suspend gtav.exe for about 8secs then resume) but in RDRO it doesn't seem to work.
    Instead you get a connection error. HOWEVER - i can start a new session or go into SP without the infinite loading error!

Just wanted to let you guys know you can safe quite a bit of time.

7. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    In other news:

I grinded 40 gold over the last 3 weeks and finally got the outlaw pass 2!

Also just hit level 100. Gotta say now with all the latest additions online is actually quite fun. I find it hard to stop playing after i started. Played half of Friday and both Saturday & Sunday with this. xD

Best Western game ever!

Party Poison likes this.
  8. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Online has improved allot since I started it (Moonshiners update). It's fun right now, although I do still hope for private servers at some point, whether official ones or via RedM eventually.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    I have to say i don't get shot a lot. Actually now at lvl100 i can only remember 3 instances out of my head where i was shot for no reason and that was all at the beginning of RDRO.
    Now everybody is busy earning $$$.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
  13. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    yeah i had a doppelgänger spawned on me but i shot it and it ran off lol. then i switched the lobby.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  15. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    For ppl who want an isometric western game i think there's another Desperados on the way. Coming after April 2020.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Started up RDR2 for the first time and got this :) (I'm on 442.19)

[​IMG]

Technically there doesn't exist a driver called that according to nVidias driver page. Sure, there is a hotfix though but in that case, why doesn't it say 442.37?

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    It says it with the hotfix, Just a bug.

R* are probably using a driver we don't have yet.

19. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    My laptop can't even install the hotfix driver; thankfully the game works just fine with the same driver I've been using.

*I mostly play on my desktop, but I do use the laptop at times too.

20. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    RDR2 Title Update 1.17 Notes (PS4 / Xbox One / PC)
    Created February 13, 2020Updated February 21, 2020

[February 20, 2020] General / Miscellaneous (PC)

• Improvements to reduce issues with ambient wildlife populations in certain Red Dead Online sessions
    • Improvements made to performance optimizations that should prevent some stuttering/hitching issues that occurred when using Vulkan on systems with NVIDIA graphics cards
    • Fixed an issue that caused the “Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” error when launching the game on some systems with specific types of audio hardware
    • Fixed several crashes that occurred on systems with multiple monitor/adapter configurations when launching the game or entering fullscreen mode
    • Fixed several crashes that occurred during loading screens when launching the game or switching between Story Mode and Red Dead Online
    • Fixed several crashes that occurred when using Vulkan drivers on systems with NVIDIA graphics cards
    • Fixed several crashes that occurred when using Vulkan drivers on systems with Intel integrated graphics processors
    • Fixed issues with lighting quality and benchmarking tool accuracy on some systems using multiple graphics cards
    • Fixed several random crashes that occurred during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online
    • Fixed an issue that caused a crash and prevented the game from launching when switching between different Graphics API options on some hardware configurations
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when changing resolution via Windows’ display settings while the game was running
    • Added a warning that informs the player of outdated graphics cards drivers when launching the game
    • Added ‘-noDPIAdjust’ launch argument - Users encountering aspect ratio issues when using an AOC AG241QX monitor through DisplayPort should manually add this argument through Rockstar Games Launcher / Epic Games Store / Steam
    Damn...is this game ever going out of beta? They're still fixing tons of crashes in the patch notes. See guys...I'm not crazy.