Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti + Xtreme III
    Jesus, the price from Steam is £55, sod that.
    I'm buying a key from somewhere else.

edit
    £32 from CDKeys

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Darren Hodgson likes this.
  2. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Probably very bad luck indeed. After this happend ive only been killed twice by some random griever and most people overall seem to be chill so far.

I did report the guy though,but i wonder how long the ban will be,im hoping hackers will straight up get a perm bann and let them buy a new copy.

This game could use some form of team/all chat aswell and a toggle for people that dont want to read it. But any form of communication with multiple people at a time without using a mic ( which i cant always use ) would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I would love to get a Guru3d posse going.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  4. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    God, the slow burn approach is so much better than my first run through which I blew through too fast.

42hrs in now.. Still chapter 3.. Concentrating on challenges and legendary animal hunts (Did the boar, bear, buck and beaver) atm...

jbscotchman and XenthorX like this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    On my first play I was very conservative, approached all missions with extreme caution. I've started a new game with a better understanding and more confidence. Also re-mapped the satchel and map to my side mouse buttons. So much better than the default B and M keys.

Grimbarian likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Red Dead Redemption 2 is the game that we all dreamed of when we were little kids. A game where you have to hunt and kill your own food, a game where you take care of your guns, a game where you go fishing at 2 a.m. in the river (real life stuff) and the most realistic clouds in any game to this date. It took me 120 hours to beat the story mode and this is an experience that will last with me forever.

7. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I’ll begin playing in about 12 hrs :)

It was worth waiting for Steam. Love having achievements and community guides and forums.

jbscotchman likes this.
  8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    back then it was Oregon trail....

jbscotchman likes this.
  9. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    How do you guys know if the game is running the latest patch?

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    It should say version when you launch the game. In one of the bottom corners if I remember correctly.

11. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    Tell that to my 20 dollar discount I got form the Rockstar launcher. I'm a steam fan but I don't care anymore, I have like 6 different platforms installed. At this point who cares about one more... just don't let them all run at startup and keep lots of system memory.

Havel, Grimbarian and jbscotchman like this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea I would love to have everything on Steam, but the game has to run through the Rockstar launcher and I got the special edition for $60 bucks To those about to embark on one of the greatest gaming experiences ever created I raise my glass.

Grimbarian likes this.
  13. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming

It only shows the build Number. Can you please tell me what's the latest build Number?

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

YWAGMOTH likes this.
  15. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I didn't care about the price...I got the Ultimate on Steam. Cost of doing business, as they say.

jbscotchman likes this.

16. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    The people bitching on the steam forums is hilarious.

So many people moaning about fps, the R* launcher and the games size.

Did none of them look up anything to do with the game first? One guy posted how he thought the performance would be fixed in time for the steam launch.

I think it peeked at 12K players, Which is way lower than I though it would be.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The Steam forums are hilarious right now. :D

angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Their expectations are insane. Ok at initial launch I could see bitching. A good chunk of people had issues. Even them though it wasn't even about FPS, it was the crashes.

I own a 9900k and 2080 Ti and I'm pleased with my FPS fully maxed out at 1440p. It isn't a solid 60FPS but it doesn't take a genius to understand how demanding this game is on paper. The world is insanely big, the draw distance massive, the high res textures, the shaders and effects being used.

I stopped reading Steam community boards ages ago. Most are just fickle children who love to hear themselves talk

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The Steam community is full of people running Geforce 750 and 1050 Ti's, and wondering why the game runs like crap. I really don't know what people were expecting with the Steam release. It runs through the Rockstar Game Launcher making Steam totally irrelevant.

20. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    One thing I do hope. Now that it is on Steam I can add it as a non-steam game and launch it from there. There are times I just like to plop on the couch, press a button on my HDMI switch so my TV is a second monitor, launch Steam big picture and play a game. Currently I can't do that with RDR2