Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    RDO is pretty bad even without cheaters (on consoles)

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    make friends play with your friends avoid randos. get a clan a group.

grand theft online is cancer on pc otherwise and red dead online will be no different rockstar does nothing to detect cheating and take two only has interest when it effects their $$$ and yes modding does hurt that card sales garbage, nm when you just chent engine yourself a few billion coin, generally not that hard in most games, cant recall in gta if it ever was tbh. but we had game shark back in the day for consoles and codebreakers if you wanted to cheat on consoles on those older games.

rdr online was just broken on ps3 and i bet never been fixed, i went from level 0 to max in like an hour and that was just people exploiting the game that was there i guess. i unlocked everything and i barely left town but to be ganked by people.

they do not care so why should you?

see if they try to ban mods rather than some cheat coding effort on their part. or not trying to nickle and dime their online players with endless steep arse grinds to sell coyote cards.

3. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I don't think anyone bought this game to play online. It's an afterthought.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I've played nothing but the online, I did the barfight in valentine in the story and not been back yet. Maybe its because I did a chunk of the story on ps4.
    So the online is new to me but I love it. The 3 roles they added are great and all vary gameplay wise.

I think I like it more because its detached from the story, I cant mess up any plot points or missions, miss out on events etc.

5. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    [​IMG][/IMG] Anyone seen this error before?

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yep it's what happens when you post image tags without the url for an image in the middle.

styckx likes this.
  7. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I did when it first went live. It was fairly fun. There were grievers still but easy to keep them at bay and see them coming. The economy was still fair. You could just enjoy yourself almost like single player.

Then Rockstar went full GTA online and tweaked the economy, they attempted to control grievers which in turn only made them worse. The pile of microtransactions. Then the cheaters they did nothing about. I never looked back nor cared about online ever again. It is literally a circus where the inmates run the show

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Its really easy to earn the gold, I earned enough to buy all 3 roles am and now back up at 17 gold.

Each to their own ofcourse but I thought it was pretty easy to earn stuff.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Love this game, hate the turn it takes in Chapter 5 for Arthur's character. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't reached that point but those that have will know what I am referring to.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  10. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    Not sure what you mean. I just copied the link from the hosting site, pressed the "picture" icon on the forums and posted.....and this is what pops up.

11. criolf

criolf New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 SLI
    Thanks for your reply.

I did fix the "exited" problem by disabling SLI. The game starts, and it has no problem with SLI enabled in DX12. The moment I switch to Vulkan, it doesn't work anymore.
    But it still uses only one card in DX12, and it just crashes if I force AFR1 or 2 - it starts in the menu, starts loading the Benchmark and crashes when the benchmark should start.
    I've seen different solution mentioned with Profile Inspector, but mine doesn't seem to work - I can export the profiles, but it doesn't load it after I made the modifications.
    Someone suggested using "Geforce 3D Profile Manager", and it looks like it's loading the modified profile through it, but when I check the modifications in the Profile Inspector,
    they're not there.
    Except Gears 5, which doesn't care about any modifications, I've made all my installs work in SLI by forcing AFR1 (sometimes 2) in the Nvidia Control Panel "program settings"
    Control (in DX11), Doom (in Open GL), Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Rider, The outer Worlds, Star Wars Jedi Fallen, Fallout 4, Wolfenstein The New Colossus, Sekiro, Original Sin 2.

Can anyone tell me where/how do I check what version/patch I have for RDR2?
    I bought it through Epic, and the game menu shows 1.2.0.7 or something like that, and I didn't see the R* installer downloading anything s far...

Thank you!

SameOldx2 likes this.
  12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    It was a joke as what we can see is empty image tags...

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    https://support.rockstargames.com/a...itle-Update-1-14-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-Stadia

[December 2, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – PC

• Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when running out of memory
      Any users experiencing memory-related error messages should check their virtual memory settings are correct by following the instructions on this support article
      https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038178954/
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in potential save corruption and permanent loss of progress if the player was signed out of their Social Club account while in Story Mode
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in partial lighting of hair/fur when the Resolution Scale graphical setting was set to higher than the native resolution
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when entering the Landing Page during game startup
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash during initial startup for some specific hardware configurations
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in random crashes during gameplay on systems using a Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when starting the Benchmark Tool on low-end systems
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in instability on some systems running Windows 10 Version 1090 (November 2019 Update)
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in audio stuttering/stalling when the game is running at high framerates
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in pixelated/blocky rendering artifacts on shadows during some cutscenes
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts when the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion graphical option was set to Ultra
    • Improvements to fix several issues that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts on some systems during gameplay
    • Improvements to fix several issues that resulted in random crashes during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online

angelgraves13, Smokey25 and Amaze like this.
  14. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Hell yeah new patch ! Seems to be some good fixes.

Im glad theyve been working so hard with Nvidia to fix the issues alot of people had.

Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in pixelated/blocky rendering artifacts on shadows during some cutscenes - I had this during normal gameplay aswell ( Not always though,it just happend randomly ),hope it's completely gone now.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Exactly what i needed.

Smokey25 likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts when the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion graphical option was set to Ultra

Nice. This wasn't a huge problem but I did notice it every now and then.

17. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    :eek::eek::eek:

I stopped last night after I reached Chapter 5. My friend, who finished the game on PS4, also made several mentions of Chapter 5. You have me intrigued my friend!

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Yikes...that's some serious bugs.

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Interesting, I'm actually losing 3-4 fps average with this update. I'm done playing the game right now but I thought I'd fire up the benchmark out of curiosity. Noticed a few spots that used to hold at 60 now going down in the low 50's, not a huge deal since I think this game does perfectly fine at a solid 45fps. Just something I thought I'd mention if anybody else noticed changes in their average fps results.

cartdog likes this.