Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Well, I think I found the root of my stuttering issues. It was related to the C-States of my CPU. I have disabled them and I played smoothly for more hours. Not even a hiccup. I just wonder why it hasn't been doing it from day one though... Might be related to the "optimizations" they made with the latest patches?

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    I think I had a similar thing ( could be wrong, not 100% on how it works ) with AVX offset, the offset was causing the cpu to drop and go back up all the time. Disabled the offset and now its smooth as hell

sertopico likes this.
  3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Could be, could be not. Sometimes I give up on understanding why certain things happen on PCs... :D

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just came across my first cheater online. I just started a stranger quest and opened up the map and saw this red player indicator dot moving all the way across the map like a blip on a radar screen. The dude then appeared right next to me and shot me with an explosive shell, then blew up the wagon I was supposed to go pick up...o_O I guess I just don't understand why some people find that kind of stuff fun.

5. I had the exact same thing in Blackwater. This guy was teleporting around town, I chased him but when I got near him he teleported behind me and killed me. I just looked up his name in the playerlist and reported him for cheating. You can write a little description too.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hehe did that just happen to you?

7. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Not to sure, but I think you may have to use Nvidia Profile Inspector to enable sli.

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    27hrs in and just made it to chapter 3.. I can't believe I'm taking such a slow pace this time again.. Photo mode and the mods are helping!

XenthorX likes this.
  9. Um nah this happened yesterday I believe. or the day before.

10. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Arthur is one of the greatest characters in video games ever. The redemption arch for the character is unforgettable.
    The game not so much.

11. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    They're called losers. That's what they do. I mean seriously even with brain damage how can you find that kind of crap fun for more than 5 seconds?

I just hope RDO doesn't turn into GTA Online. The cheaters in that game were so bad you felt crippled in that game without cheats.

12. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    RDO is pretty bad even without cheaters (on consoles)

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    make friends play with your friends avoid randos. get a clan a group.

grand theft online is cancer on pc otherwise and red dead online will be no different rockstar does nothing to detect cheating and take two only has interest when it effects their $$$ and yes modding does hurt that card sales garbage, nm when you just chent engine yourself a few billion coin, generally not that hard in most games, cant recall in gta if it ever was tbh. but we had game shark back in the day for consoles and codebreakers if you wanted to cheat on consoles on those older games.

rdr online was just broken on ps3 and i bet never been fixed, i went from level 0 to max in like an hour and that was just people exploiting the game that was there i guess. i unlocked everything and i barely left town but to be ganked by people.

they do not care so why should you?

see if they try to ban mods rather than some cheat coding effort on their part. or not trying to nickle and dime their online players with endless steep arse grinds to sell coyote cards.

14. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I've played nothing but the online, I did the barfight in valentine in the story and not been back yet. Maybe its because I did a chunk of the story on ps4.
    So the online is new to me but I love it. The 3 roles they added are great and all vary gameplay wise.

I think I like it more because its detached from the story, I cant mess up any plot points or missions, miss out on events etc.

15. [​IMG][/IMG] Anyone seen this error before?

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Yep it's what happens when you post image tags without the url for an image in the middle.

styckx likes this.
  17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I did when it first went live. It was fairly fun. There were grievers still but easy to keep them at bay and see them coming. The economy was still fair. You could just enjoy yourself almost like single player.

Then Rockstar went full GTA online and tweaked the economy, they attempted to control grievers which in turn only made them worse. The pile of microtransactions. Then the cheaters they did nothing about. I never looked back nor cared about online ever again. It is literally a circus where the inmates run the show

angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Its really easy to earn the gold, I earned enough to buy all 3 roles am and now back up at 17 gold.

Each to their own ofcourse but I thought it was pretty easy to earn stuff.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Love this game, hate the turn it takes in Chapter 5 for Arthur's character. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't reached that point but those that have will know what I am referring to.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  20. Not sure what you mean. I just copied the link from the hosting site, pressed the "picture" icon on the forums and posted.....and this is what pops up.