Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Is it coming to PC?

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Eventually.

And so castles made of sand, Fall in the sea, eventually.

AsiJu likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The wait for GTA5 just felt like so long, I hope it's not like that again.

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I have a PS4 so I'll be getting it on that in October :)

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    gonna have fun with this on XBOne X since it'll have the better graphics

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I hope it comes to PC. I would have rather had the first RDR than L.A. Noire.

7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Right? I bought a PlayStation just to play GTA5. I then proceeded to sell it a few months later when they announced the PC release date.

I'm going to try to avoid doing that here but I'm pretty stupid when I want to do something.

signex and Grimbarian like this.
  8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You know you're going to buy it again! :D

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT Gam. X
    Isn't Rockstar kind of... famous for not saying anything about a PC version and then all of a sudden (usually some time after console release) oh yeah right, here's a PC version too, oopsies!

I'll happily get this for PS4 but naturally a PC version would be the preferred format.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There is no guarantee that Red Dead Redemption 2 will come to PC as the previous games didn't.

Of course, the success of GTA V will hopefully make Rockstar reconsider but it is annoying in 2018 to have multiplatform games released on PS4 and Xbox One but not PC. If Red Dead 2 does come to PC then I can't see it being before Easter 2019 and then it is more likely to be next September so I will be buying it for my Xbox One X come October where I hope it runs smoothly at 30 fps so I can enjoy it. GTA V was great on the PS4 before the definitive version arrived on PC!

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    True but I think the situation was a little different at the time of the previous games, the rumours of the messy code/dev issues with RDR1 are pretty well known and Read Dead Revolver came at a time when I seem to remember a lot less pressure for games to embrace console and PC it was a lot more of either/or back then.

12. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i bet you can get into this game for a year, no problem, hookers, poker, booze, and six shooters.

13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    ^^If it manages to look like that on the base PS4, with just the resolution down, I’ll be more than happy.

signex likes this.
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60579/Red-Dead-Online

Red Dead Online

Today we’re excited to announce Red Dead Online, a new online connected experience set against the backdrop of Red Dead Redemption 2's enormous open world.
    Red Dead Online is an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways. Using the gameplay of the upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2 as a foundation, Red Dead Online will be ready to be explored alone or with friends, and will also feature constant updates and adjustments to grow and evolve this experience for all players.

Red Dead Online is planned for launch in November 2018, initially as a public beta, with more news to come soon. As with most online experiences of this size and scale, there will inevitably be some turbulence at launch. We look forward to working with our amazing and dedicated community to share ideas, help us fix teething problems and work with us to develop Red Dead Online into something really fun and innovative.

Access to Red Dead Online is free to anyone with a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 26, 2018.

For more information about Red Dead Online, check out IGN's Q&A here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/19/red-dead-online-devs-reveal-first-details

DocStrangelove likes this.

16. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Considering the massive hit GTA V was on PC (both offline and online), I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't release RDR2 on PC - makes no sense. What does make sense however is not revealing the PC version until the console version has been released.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    "What does make sense however is not revealing the PC version until the console version has been released."

Last time they did that with GTAV because they wanted to split the revenue on 3 different fiscal years (1st 360/PS3, 2nd PS4/XBO and 3rd for PC).
    That and a lot of gamers bought at least 2 versions of the game. I actually bought 3. xD

Bastards.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    They are talking about RDRO having heists like we had in GTAO. Fancy that!

WhiteLightning and cerebus23 like this.
  19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Same, at least I'll only be buying it twice this time, well maybe two PC licenses if the coop is really in depth and good quality without PVP so the wife and I can enjoy it together :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Same here, bought the PS3 , PS4 (which i traded in for digital version later on) and PC version.
    nevertheless i do not have a single regret, since the game is so awesome.

Thank god, the ps3 is practically dead though lol

DocStrangelove and Grimbarian like this.