Red Dead Redemption 2 PC update #1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 7, 2019.

1. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    Actually got to play it for a few hours! Launcher update that was pushed today resolved my issue with the game not launching and the launcher crashing everytime. Hope they are able to sort any remaining issues so everyone can enjoy it.

Google the game and enjoy the plethora of gaming sites reporting on the issues with not a single fix that works because the game and the launcher had issues. While what you are saying is true of MOST game launch issues, the issues that plagued this game was on Rockstar for the majority.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Red+Dead+Redemption+2+launch+issues

Rockstar was claiming 90% were able to play yesterday with their 2 game updates and 2 launcher updates, I still was not, and now after the 3rd update to the launcher today I am finally able to enjoy the game as it actually launches, but you're claiming that somehow 100% are able to enjoy it now and they should all learn to PC better? 0.o I would not doubt that some are still in limbo waiting for Launcher update number 4 or 5? Hope not though.

Also do not see a single person in here claiming issues with Pascal cards, nor the tinfoil hat theory of sabotaging older hardware. I think you have this post confused with another. Glad yours worked at launch without a single issue....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    My bad, that was in the RDR 2 thread in the Gaming forums. Tons of people were acting like this is the end of PC gaming. Start reading around page 60.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    lol hard to remember what's what sometimes. I keep forgetting about DRM, the aspect it plays into. I'd think it'd get beta tested more. The DRM, configuration aspect. DRM being tested on a larger sample size / varied data set of machines in the wild prior to release but... that or obviously whatnot... not a part of "QA" else... I'd imagine Day 1 launch bugs would get.... noticed?

Kind of embarrassing I'd think. Just from a personal standpoint, I develop, publish - and... there. Unless Rockstar has multiple teams and one makes the game hands off to publish and the game dev has no say in what publishing does prior to release far as DRM etc which obviously is a recipe for disaster. Either way - it's embarrassing, honestly I don't think I'd be against regulation/consumer protection with this stuff. Cars have lemon laws. Lemon games.lol I'm kinda kidding with that last bit.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  4. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This is probably one of the worst launches in history for such a big game.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not even close.

6. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    :cool: We're out of the Halo 2 for Windows Vista days... I still get cold-sweats in the dead of the night...:oops:

7. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    The answer is the eternal drm

May it bless us with its holy software protections

K.S. likes this.