1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead 2 for PC shows in Rockstar Social club Source code lol

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    ShadowDuke and cerebus23 like this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea seems like that was going to be thing even with all the haters and etc.

I look forward to it online can die in a fire but i loved rdr and will love the world.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    What do you mean "even with all the haters"?
    RDR2 coming to PC is probably one of the most wanted things happening.

Personally, I don't put much stock in rumors. I've seen a lot of "there's this PC code here" and seen it never go anywhere. So, I personally always wait for official announcements.
    How many "Half-Life 3" bits of code have people found over the years, and where did that lead to? ;)

K.S., ShadowDuke and cerebus23 like this.
  4. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    pls take no disrespect from this but how is a line of code in the actual Rockstar Social Clubs very own website source code how is this seen as a rumour???

RDR2_PC_Accomplishments
    RDR2_PS4_Trophies

pretty self explanatory

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its probably meant how Rockstar is always puting PC to the second place. Rumors, teasing but truth is they dont give a crap about PC users.

6. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    funny thing bein i dont even care about this game everythin ive seen about it makes it look like the most borin tedium slow ass grind fest 'gaming experience' there is many still prefer to play the first and the online has become a bit of a joke to itself. might make for a good benchmark tooll or tech demo but as a game it does not look like it will do anythin for me and it still has as many bugs as it does pile of dead horses lol

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  7. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    Nothing but more PC Gamer clickbait -- this is on someone's calendar there and it'll be used every month to get views.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, it's not surprising. As a developer they've always been console first.
    Specially since the massive blow up of popularity that was GTA3.

PC has always been an after thought for them. And, not always with great effect. They've had their share of awful PC ports, which thankfully... with Max Payne 3 and GTA5... they've seemed to have rectified it (at least for the moment).

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    You must admit that kinda thinking generates some hate. When i saw this thread i though "i dont care anymore". Whats the point of waiting for GTA6 when they gonna do the same thing.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I can see it.

Personally, I've never been a big Rockstar fan, in a lot of ways I've always kind of thought they were overrated.
    I loved Vice City, but 3 and San Andreas... meh. I hated 4, their Midnight Run games... no interest. Warriors, Bully... didn't like.

They were never consistent enough with what I enjoyed to keep me hooked.

But, Max Payne 3... while a deviation from Remedy's first two titles, was awesome. And GTA5 was a far better entry in the series, and I enjoyed it a lot.
    My wife got me RDR2 for my PS4, and while we've played it some... it's not that game that really pulls me back to it. I'll play it, and not feel the need to play it for weeks. It's good, it looks gorgeous, but... it's also a bit forgettable.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    rockstar and take2 care about money and gta 5 either by luck or design hit the jackpot in printing money, Coming at just the flip point between 2 console generations so it was released then again on the next gen platforms and then again on the pc platform.

Also helps that rockstar makes game people REALLY like so some people had the ps3 the ps4 and then the pc version, then they dumped millions into GTA5 online on pc.

And they doing the EXACT same thing here. console generation just around the corner so rdr 2 comes out on the last gen next year the new gen is out they release for that gen and FINALLY that pc version we mostly waiting for.

But by haters i was more thinking about the RDR was never on pc and RDR2 will never be on pc people.

but rockstar and TAKE2 especially hopes that that gta5 magic strikes again and prints that money they love oh so much. Nothing wrong with liking profits but take 2 take it to a extreme.

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    I want. So much want here. But...

Would you buy it on a train?
    Would you buy it on a plane?
    Would you buy it if was an Epic Games Store exclusive? :eek:

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  13. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Cant wait to replay with x2 animation speed mod

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti

I would buy it on Steam.
    On sale.
    For maybe 10 bucks.

Honestly, was really excited for the game at first. But once I started playing it... lost interest pretty quick. While it looks gorgeous, and it is really well made, it's just kind of... boring.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    its completing chore after chore, and since the theme really limits the vehicles, speed and experience it does get boring.
    Some missions were funny but, they should have added more gameplay elements. The first time getting drunk was awesome though, that is memorable for sure.

16. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    The game is not very good indeed. But this is Guru3D and RDR2 is one of the best looking games on market, so I guess ppl on this forum should play it :)

And I will probably repeat myself... but this line of code means nothing. Releasing a game on PC is marketing decision, especially for R*. They could have it all ready and still not release it.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes. That scene was hilariously awesome... kind of wanted to just repeat that over and over.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    PC might be Personal Console... :p

19. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    No but it would be available on Rockstar's platform as well so I would just buy it there.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I think Red Dead will be released on PC only after it has been released on the next generation consoles, and even then probably a year after the next generation consoles....

I would very very much like to be proven wrong.

cerebus23 likes this.