ReCore (2016)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by fr33jack, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Really? I've seen some reviews and they ware pretty harsh on it.

2. kaneos

kaneos Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 TI
    Yeah i know ... Reviews can be very different and i think it's a kind of game that you love or you hate it.
    No balance ...
    Only those who have waited a long time and people who like this genre should buy it

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Yep Unity Engine 5.4.0, apparently a older possibly beta version (b14 according to the log file.) but that shouldn't matter too much.

Unity can do physical based shading although since it's used in many indie games then visual quality can be a bit rough for many of these titles but it's a pretty flexible engine from what I have read though it has it's share of known issues and performance problems too although the same goes for Cry-Engine and Unreal Engine 4.x I assume and before these went for a less costly license model Unity was also very cheap for beginner developers to utilize from what I have read.

As far as gameplay goes it's a bit simplistic with near automatic aiming for shooting although the game does mix standard third person action with a little bit of adventure puzzle gaming and platforming though nothing extremely challenging so far and there's also a little bit of "RPG" mechanics via upgrades such as crafting parts for your "core" AI buddies and character progression by leveling up.

Can't say much about the story so far as I've not progressed that far into the game yet though log files scattered about explain a few additional things on what has happened.

Oh and combat does have some tactical depth to it via more difficult enemies some of which you won't be able to defeat initially and different cores which usually is denoted via color have different properties such as yellow ones having a ability to self repair and there's also various bosses to take on.

So far it's been mostly shooting which is either via quicker rapid fire or slower charged shots which work better against shields but you can also grab enemies to finish them off by basically yanking out their cores and acquiring it as a upgrade item for your own bots or on occasion a instant finisher skipping the QTE sequence that otherwise would be initialized plus you don't need to whittle down the enemy to low health first.

Your bot buddies can also help a bit during combat which comes in handy when there's multiple tougher opponents, auto aim does make the easier lower-health "fodder" pretty much harmless however though you might have to switch to the bigger foes to take those down first before they can cause too much damage. (You don't have that much health initially though it does regenerate after a while.)

There's also dodging and jumping to avoid attacks, nothing special but it's pretty useful even if it's a pretty standard way of avoiding attacks in games. :D

Visually well I guess it would be a bit above what the console version displays if you push up the resolution and some of the other available settings although texture quality is a bit low-res even at it's highest and there's a noticeable pop-in distance for the more detailed meshes and stuff like shadows though it's less noticeable when outdoors than when in narrower dungeons as the game calls the various complexes you'll traverse through.
    (Physically based shading so good looking and diverse materials for different surfaces though a bit "cartoon" like too but I expect that's a design decision as it fits with the character and core/bot designs of the game.)

Would probably look nice downsampled but Unity Engine isn't the most straightforward usually and even less so here with UWP's "app" system eliminating any means of adding the usual Unity Engine launch parameters so you'll have to resize the desktop if you want higher than native resolutions offered via say DSR or VSR to show up in the game.
    (The game might not be too demanding but push up the display resolution and there's likely still a noticeable performance hit and I don't think AMD or Nvidia has any profiles for the game itself for further driver-side optimizations let alone something like multi-GPU support, game uses DirectX 11 so SLI / Crossfire might be tweakable from the driver compared to waiting on the developers as seem to be the norm with DirectX 12 so far but I'm not sure on Unity and multi-GPU scaling or if this game even supports it at all.)

4. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Combat Is Fun but no story and annoying fetch prismatic cores to progress.

Get ready to download a trainer to get 45 prismatic cores to get access to final boss or go out Into the dead world and enjoy countless hours of tedious searching for them.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah watching a playthrough on youtube showed exactly that.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Heh had to check the topic title to be sure this wasn't the Fallout 4 thread as that sounds almost exactly like one of the tasks of Nuka World. :p
    (Get ~45 or perhaps it was 50 "Star cores" to access a area so you can power up the park and continue with the story, forgot if you actually needed all of them though or if it was just some additional bonus for finding them all.)

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah, you needed 20/35. It didn't take me long to get 20 and even 35 but ymmv. It helped to have master lockpicking though.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    This is quite a pleasant and fun game so far (about 2-3 hours in) but it does feel a bit scrappy and unpolished in places (clipping is particularly bad and there is very noticeable LOD/shadow transitions even maxed out... an issue with Unity 5 perhaps?). I like it though and finding it very entertaining.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    There is no Gears of War 4 thread ?

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Bought on xbox one and saying i can play on PC too for free. COOL!!!

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Bought digitally on X1 or retail disc?

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    just digitally on xbox one. and it said free on PC. checked Windows Store and yes downloaded it and played on pc too. working.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thanks, I suppose it's a decent deal for some.
    I was just hoping it applied to retail discs as well.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Here is interesting part.

Just booted up xbox one s of mine. started this game. and all options r set to my PC settings. not visuals indeed.

Aaaaanddddd. My game progress is there too. i can continue on XBOX. how? why? thank you MS.

17. dieandromeda

dieandromeda Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme WF
    nice game.i play it on pc in 4k.

18. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    ReCore price in UAE Windows store is $149!!! this ridiculously high, I have tried emailing the developer and reporting the app to microsoft but no response. They need to fix this, 149 AED equals to $40 which is about right, but they are using US currency!!

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    buy it , it's 140AED

it happens to me too when i try to buy something , recore was 145$ for me

20. No1True

No1True Member Guru

GPU:
    Does this game has any some replayability?