Recommended Forceware Win2k/xp Driver Version For Half Life 2?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sohman, Dec 19, 2004.

1. sohman

sohman Member

GPU:
    AOpen Aeolus 6800GT 256MB
    HI EVERYONE,

i was wondering which forceware driver version are 100% stable for half life 2?

THANK YOU

2. Firefox_1

Firefox_1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
    Well, 67.02 and 67.03 are the drivers for HL2 and CS:S.

3. I agree 67.02 are the best.....although some might report that some Windows in HL-2 could have some strange colors (green or purple) and that walls might have also CHECKERS colored patchs with Purple or Green color....

it did happend to me too , seems to be a problem with Anti-Aliasing that makes this.

if you want the 2nd best drivers (with none of the errors) get the 66.81 WHQL, although Counter-Strike might have some White textures, which never happend to me, but some could have em.

but in the end the 67.02 are the best for HALF-LIFE 2.

4. Darren_Hodgson

Darren_Hodgson Master Guru

GPU:
    256MB PNY Verto GeForce 6800GT graphics
    I'm using the 71.20 drivers and I've not had one single problem with these at all. I did have the issues described above in HL2 with the older drivers (66.93 I think) but I've not seen them since running the 67.02/3 and 70.90/71.20 drivers. I can even run HL2 at 1280x1024, everything on High, Reflect All, 16xAF and 8xS FSAA (forced via the control panel) and the game is perfectly smooth running at between 35 and 75fps (V-sync'd) even with loads going on. Very impressive considering my spec. Running at 8xS gets round the annoying white line that appears at the top of the screen with 4xFSAA.

5. Havikk

Havikk Guest

I don't know what but the Modded 65.73's work the best for me.

6. Vali Carpati

Vali Carpati Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7300GT Gs GLH
    61.76 works ok for GF4 Ti series and 67.03 fot GF 6800 series.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  7. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    I use the 66.81's
    though I have not tried ne others I have not had one problem with them on any game I have been playing

8. Lars7

Lars7 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800GT
    Im runnin the 67.22 on a BFG 5900XT/oc.....with out any problems whatsoever......I run AA4X AF4X AT 1280X960 And its smooth without
    a hitch

9. OwenLotts

OwenLotts Guest

What is the point in these "Whats the best drivers for <insert game name here>" or "Which driver will make my <insert graphics card name here> run the fastest"?

It's not just the graphics drivers that determine how fast / well / stable your game runs but the system as a whole.

Read any review of any software on download.com and there will be a bunch of people claiming the software made some ridiculous changes to their system. Chances are their system was half knackered before they started. Same with drivers. If your system is chocka-block with spyware or loads 50 un-needed programs at every boot up then your system will run like crap no matter what drivers you use. There is no "miracle driver version" that will make your system run well unless the rest is sorted too....

Look at the responses above. Almost all of them quote different driver versions. Its "horses for courses" - what works well on system A might run like crap on system B.

So download a bunch of drivers, virus scan your system and set a System Restore point and try the driver one after the other. After all if person X says version 64.23 are the best doesn't mean they will be the best for your system.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2004
  10. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB

where can i find them?

11. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    I second that...where can those be found?

12. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GS 384Mb
  13. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    Ah see, but it said a modded version-I thought there was like an unknown version of Extreme G out there or something lol. Thanks anyways. =)

14. T8000

T8000 Master Guru

GPU:
    GF6800 LE 128 MB 12p_softmod, fanless (24dB_total)

It should work fine with about any recent driver. I played the demo with the 66.42 driver, as I do not trust Steam enough to use it with Windows XP. It worked fine at 1600x1200.