Recommend some good and old drivers for GTX1660S

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by teots, Jan 30, 2023.

1. teots

teots Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    For those who enjoy using older nvidia driver before 472,12. Which are the best and reliable ones
    recommended for GTX1660 super and still compatible with the latest game titles ?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nobody is using such an old driver.

teots likes this.
  3. NEChris

NEChris Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 3GB
    I have a GTX 1060 and find the 526.98 to be a very good driver.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why would you use an older driver?

5. teots

teots Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I aware that some members here enjoy sticking to old drivers and claim that it's better than the newer drivers. Maybe it's because newer drivers introduce functions that hog the performance of older graphics cards ?

6. lawood

lawood Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    The belief that nvidia cant screw up is very amusing. Nvidia drivers are just straight up trash lately.

Ofc some drivers will performance better than others, the best you can do is test by yourself because your system is unique and your combination of hardware will affect how the driver will perform.

Mariangello likes this.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    computer systems aren't that unique that a driver change that supposedly affects a particular game won't affect others using the game without correlating configuration.

Such issues are likely to stop the driver from starting in the first place.

Maybe stop running a poorly configured (see: unstable) cpu and memory configuration.

8. lawood

lawood Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    You are clueless about my system stability.

You are also seemingly clueless about the very real problems nvidia drivers alone introduce.

You can keep your head up your ass but that doesnt mean the problems (see: nvlddmkm) that started for around 512 branch.

You just need to check the latest driver nvidia discussion on reddit, many many people are reporting that 517.48 is the latest fully stable driver, but you know better.

You do nothing more than take l's around here (See: nvslimmer, thread)

And god forbid people stop pointing out the shitty drivers because of some random dude on a Internet forum.

Mariangello and Smough like this.
  9. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I'd go with 472.12 or 472.84 standard if I was looking for older ones and forget the DCH versions. There were a bunch before that, and I can't remember how far back to go before the problem, where I'd get those TDR errors in event manager about "driver stopped and recovered". Also I really like the image sharpening, which you lose if you go too far back.

10. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    442.59 or 446.14 are the best old stable drivers (the dx11 performance is much more stable and overall, just better), specially when it comes to CPU overhead, but overall the most stable driver for me was 512.95, but newer drivers made Elden Ring better on my end (less stuttering), so i am using 516.94, which are very solid.

AntiSnipe likes this.
  11. zTurboSnailz

zTurboSnailz New Member

GPU:
    1660 TI / 6GB
    472.77 beta and 497.09 are my go to drivers for 1660 TI. They have higher framerates than 457.30. 457.30 was one of the best drivers.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    545.92 is a good driver. It was released three days ago so it is very old.

GoldenTiger likes this.