recommend me a SSD hard drive

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Thug, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I got the corsair 60gig SSD, and believe me 60gig soon fills up.
    I have put Win7, COD MW2 and Ventrillo on it, and it is already half full. I still want to put Photoshop and MS office on it as i use all these pieces of software the most.

I have just (tonight) formatted my Samsung 1TB, and will do my WD 250gig tomorrow.
    I am gonna use the 1TB for games and photos and other software, and use the 250gig for music and iTunes etc.

2. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    60GB is way to small in my opinion.
    I'd say 128-160GB is a wise minimum you want to go..
    OS takes space, with time it takes more space, applications take space, games take space. What's the point of buying an SSD and loading everything from HDD? Plus it is recommended to leave enough free space on a SSD for it to function optimally and have best performance.

I bought myself an Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD for Christmas. Can't wait for Monday :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i just ordered a kingston ssd now 128gb for my laptop. cheapest i found so i'm sure its teh slowest of ssd's out there .but got it to conserve on battery and plus it has to be faster than that 5400rpm drive thats in there now.

but imo, 60gb is plenty to use for an OS drive if not 32gb. too pricey to bother using them to store games n stuff on, but for windows OS, the speed is awesome.

4. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Kingston is probably ok anyway, but some SSD's with cheap controllers like early JMicron may stutter a lot whenever they get to process more commands. To the point where some reviewers say they are unusable.