recommend me a p35 mobo

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Xenoasd, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    im stuck picking out the perfect p35 mobo for an upgrade... it gotta fit a 8800gts w/ hr-03 plus w/ 120mm fan and creative sb x-fi sound card.

2. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    How about you keep what you have and just get a x38 based chipset mobo when you can afford it. Whats your budget.

Or is this for a entirely different system then the one if your specs?

3. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    this is just for my computer listed above ( under the avatar)

maybe around 250$ for the budget

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090

5. MoosePower

MoosePower Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  6. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    i also forgot to add that i got a ultra-120 extreme lol. so its not possible to put it to the other config.

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Abit IP35 Pro. People are skeptical towards Abit as they've had a few bad years, but with new investors backing them up, they're definitely back in the high-end league. The IP35 has very, very few issues (none that I can think of) and overclocks very well. The best part about it is that it's cheaper than it's other high-end P35 counterparts.

X38 is a waste of money at the moment unless you need crossfire. It doesn't offer anything over the P35 that warrants it's much higher price.

8. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    i was looking at the abit p35 pro and gigabyte p35 ds4 mobos and i notice that they have molex connectors on the mobo. what gives?

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The molex connector only needs to be used when you're running a crossfire setup with two graphics cards.

10. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    i picked out between gigabyte p35 ds4 and the abit ip35 pro. im not sure which one to get. the abit one has alot of neat things, like the switch for clearning cmos, the error display number, power and reset button on the motherboard. but the gigabyte one has better cooling, hell alot of usb ports on the io (which i need), better mobo layout and again do i have to say better cooling? xD

11. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Better layout? The DS4 has SATA ports spread out all over the motherboard. Atleast the Abit has angled SATA ports. As for the cooling... well, it's still a heapipe lollorama, so I'm not really sure if it's better. The Abit has a smaller heatsink (smaller area) over the PWM area as it uses digital PWM over the DS4's analog PWM. I believe the heatsinks themselves are larger on the Abit.

12. MR.BONES

MR.BONES Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6850
    Im in the same boat.......Just got my IP-35 pro and it has dead lan ports!!:bash:Its going back for a full refund,Think im gonna go with the gigabyte board p35 DS4.I have an E6750 sitting here just screaming to be put in something LOL!!:eyebrows:

13. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    hm i proberly gonna end up getting a asus board since asus has served me well over the years. thanks for the suggestions tho. ^^

14. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Well, believe it or not, MSI's been pretty good themselves, even tho I went with a Foxconn, but both seem to be rather big companies with some rep behind them. They may be somewhat worth looking into as well.