recommend me a build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tamzid, Jan 29, 2013.

1. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    I have been out of touch for a long time now and don't have any idea what to get for my new build. I had a 4850 which died on me two days ago and my motherboards usb ports are giving up. Usb dongles lose connection wiyh the slightest of touches and ive been told that there is no way to repair that.

Anyways im on a budget. I have been hearing good things about amd recently and with all the new sockets im not really impressed with intel. But im not biased at all i just need a setup of price/performance ratio.

Fyi i can't effort i7
    I can effort a gpu in the range of 7770

I am going to use my pc to do recordings for my band on a daw called Sonar X1

Plus im thinking ill start gaming on my 40" sony bravia

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    a number would be nice.. budget

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Concerning the USB ports, if the motherboard faces no further problems, then just drop in a USB host controller PCI (USB2.0) / PCI-E (USB3.0) card. USB is shared, and the number of ports available, or in use, has no effect on the total USB bandwidth if they are all running on a single USB host controller (motherboards generally have one integrated USB host controller).

I tend to use this guide as a rough indicator of where graphics cards are currently in terms of performance / price, especially for budget upgrades:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

Honestly, it depends on the amount you're willing to pay for the graphics card, and what the prices are like where you're buying from.

What are prices like for cards like the Radeon HD7750, 7770, GeForce GTX650Ti, Radeon HD7850, and the GTX660?

And how much are you willing to pay?

4. CreationP

CreationP Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB DDR5
    I would suggest, before thinking of anything new to replace your PSU. If you get a 650-700watt brand PSU you can start thinking of upgrading that's your most important part you need to think about.

Concerning anything else I have to agree with everyone else. Your budget ?

5. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    The specs you see on my left is my current setup except for the sound card. i have a audigy 1 sound card which i really like ..... and a line6 ux2 via usb for my daw Sonar. i also use a tascam for my vdrum kit but that is not an issue...

My processor is at stock 2.5ghz at the moment as i can't oc it anymore. So now i feel that my processor is not upto the mark anymore. or maybe it's just all in my mind i don't know.

4 gb ddr2 ram is good enough but not solid for daw.

Option 1. i can buy a second hand quad core for 100$ , buy a new psu, and a gpu in the range of 120-150 $ and as you have suggested a usb pci card maybe?

Option 2. went to the market the other day found these..

Gigabyte 970A-D3 and Amd 4100 FX in my range.

now can anyone tell me which option is worth it? cause quite frankly i have no clue :S

6. CreationP

CreationP Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB DDR5
    Unfortunately If you want to start playing on 40 inch screen on high/ultra settings 1080p you are going to have some problem with the gfx card you chose.

It's a solid card but won't be able to support 1080p on hight/ultra. If you want a card to keep you company for 4-5 years at stock speed or a bit of OCed I would suggest 7950 or 7970 but they are expensive compared to the 7770.

Also, if you want to start gaming I would also suggest to start looking at an AMD FX series CPU. They are not as good as Intel for gaming but for your budget they are excellent.

The PSU is important to get. Make sure to get one at the range of 650-700watt. Do not get confident just because your setup says to be enough with 550watt. I guarantee you that it is not. Especially if you start OCing. And make sure it's of a good quality brand.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    what would be your total budget for pc stuff? explore more options

8. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    Im quite flexible about my budget to be honest but it has to be that good to take that leap. I guess what i am asking is if i spend 100$ for quad compare to amd + mobo which one is more logical and future proof?? And about gpu i think the most i can afford is a 7850 and for the psu im buying thermaltake 700.

9. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    Im sorry about confusing you about my budget. Here it is,

Gpu 150$

Pro + mobo 150-180 (200 if it is really really worth it)

Psu 600watt thermaltake.

ram 8gb. I dont any hdd's.

Or chassis or a monitor.

10. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Hmm, i would say, get an AMD system, keep the PSU and jump to a 7850 2GB.

It will consume around 200/250W maximum.