Recent Nvidia Drivers are the cause of your hitching/stuttering in games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Sep 14, 2015.

1. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Ok im about to do some extra testing on MEI. I believe the boost is from the technology access driver not the mei package.

Latest drivers here. where you can the latest mei.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html

and the latest intel technology access is here

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24415

UPDATE**

Tested, stress tested and confirmed working flawlessly. No need for mei 1144. The important driver is the intel technology access driver.

Update to latest mei package and/or install the latest intel technology access driver and you're good to go.

The latest versions of the mei package doesnt contain the intel technology access driver so you'll need to download it separately from the link given.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Michalko

Michalko Member Guru

GPU:
    a good one
    Intel Technology Access is important for notebook and tablets, NOT for desktops..

3. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    duly noted.

So has anyone noticed any improvements? It maybe placebo but i'm noticing higher frames.

Also I've figured out how to prove how the latest nvidia drivers are very faulty and adding a lot of input lag. This can also be a basis on how to test new drivers.

I'll upload pics of the level of input lag these drivers introduce compared to the old one such as 347.25 is at a steady latency of 4-14 while the new ones are 500+ Latency steady!

If nvidia can fix the input lag with these drivers It can be pretty much stable. Pics and videos coming later

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    was testing with latencymon on a fresh windows 10 install. and all drivers installed.

just using chrome latencymon say system is having trouble.

Highest reported ISR goes through the roof blaming iastora.sys and

nvlddmkm.sys at 1000us

in window 8.1 doesnt pass 300us

sometimes the interrupt goes through the roof when clicking something. but I been told thats due to the cpu energy settings.

I know if I disable the energy settings. latency drops really low.

5. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080Ti
    I have higher frames and less gpu usage drops with technology access installed whether it's for notebooks or not.

I confirmed this pages and pages back where I tried Ryse like TJ and it held my GPU pinned at 99% as opposed to the 30% drops I was getting without it installed.

I think Nvidia needs to stop adding various things they are offering(Geforce now par example) and focus 150% on their existing clientele who are having issues with their gaming experience.

Also, Microsoft and Intel need to hone in on what people actually need installed for their specific systems to be optimal. If Microsoft is keen to bill Windows 10 a gaming os, then in the words of Picard....Make it so!!

6. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    I also noted better GPU usage with Intel Tech. Access on my gaming rig (4790K i7 + GTX 970) but none with my "translator - CUDA subtitling - machine" (old Q6600 + GTX 660 Ti) guess installing those on anything older than an i3 is a waste of tiime ?

7. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    It's the driver. Not the bloat ware. When the nvidia driver is installed the dpc latency sky rockets which causes the random stutter I've been explaining.

The older one latency is very very low which causes no random hitching in games.

Heres with 347.25
    [​IMG]

And heres with 355.98
    [​IMG]

8. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    snight01, that program is useless on anything above windows 7. If you want to check latency use dpc latencymon.
    Having said that I just ran it for 30 minutes and the only spike over 120 was caused by WDF01000.sys at 600ms. These drivers are not causing anything here

9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Useless? how is the data different and consistent with different drivers if its wrong?

I also used dpc latencymon and got similar results. The basis of this thread was to identify any surrounding issues and narrow it to the gpu driver which i believe is accomplished.

If you can't accept that then i don't think you'll ever be convinced. There is many other ways i can reproduce these issues, with many games such as ark, gta v, ground zeroes and tpp.

10. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Won't argue that it isn't weird but it doesn't offer support and is stated on its website that its inaccurate for past windows 7 use. Not arguing that the drivers might be an issue on your system bud, could very well be the case no doubt. Just saying that I'd rather see supported and accurate software used to back up it up.

Edit- Just used that and every time I launch it I get a different number (200,600,1000) and it pretty much stays there no matter what. Doesn't seem very accurate and there is no way latency is pretty much an endless solid line

11. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080Ti
    snight - my point is if Nvidia focused more on the drivers and existing clientele, we wouldn't be having so may issues of late. Too many fingers in too many pies!

12. samusprime89

samusprime89 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I dont understand, on the site it says those drivers are meant for laptops and for tablet mode and clamshell mode for laptops, how does this driver help a desktop cpu?

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Its meant for all 4th gen cpus not just for laptops., it also makes your whole hw function to its max potential.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology

You can disable its internet communication if you're a bit paranoid, but it just connects to internal intel computing
    http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/

all in all it makes cryengine3 - certain games work properly @win10, also noticed it helped a little by U4E infiltrator demo, e.g. last scene outside, I got higher min fps then almost 1x stronger 980Ti with i7 6700K cpu, dunno if that guy used this extra intel stuff - specifically Technology Access, but yeah I got 8fps higher min fps, 31 vs 39fps by me.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    i tried just imei, and whole package, but my crysis 2 DSR low gpu usage bug is unaffected.

I think DSR has issues in dx11 or its win 10 related. had similar in advanced warfare in a couple of scenes. low gpu usage and fps drop, only when using dsr, but in that game swtching to another res and back helped, but not in crysis 2.

but in dx 9 games no issues with DSR.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Including this intel tech access driver? Since its not present in newer 11.0.0.11xx IMEI packages..

Speaking of DSR maybe its just like you said DSR bug, what if you switch between other DSR modes and then back to your desired DSR mode.

1440p to 1620p and back to 1440p.

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yep including the tech access driver as well, I tried with the package link in second post on first page.

the res switch doesn't help in crysis 2, only in native res can I get constant 99% gpu usage.

switching back and forth between DSR res's did help in advanced warfare with the same low gpu usage with DSR only as well, hence I suspect it's a DSR dx11 issue.

can see it here

[​IMG]

DSR
    [​IMG]

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    So installing the 1144 has the Intel Technology Access , can we update the newest IMEI after installing the 1144 package ? from Device manager > Update or just run the update from the exe , will it install or uninstall and install. what's the best way to keep them all.

18. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    you can update, remove the mei package but the intel tech. access stays until you uninstall it separately.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    I have installed the Intel Technology Access. and then the intel_mei_1.0.0.1168-1.5mo(www.station-drivers.com)
    for some reason installing it from update it installed version 1166

The question is should I have the Intel Management Engine Interface installed ?
    Installed and Disabled in the device manager ?
    Not installed and only the Intel Technology Access Installed.

And we don't need the Local Management Service and Intel Security Assist ?

For some reason it installed the Intel Graphics Card UI Services .. weird Do you guys have the Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel Service installed in Services.msc ?

Don't we need the Intel Management Engine Services all it installed ?

HOLY moluyy : I don't know if this what did it, but NFS14 works perfect now, before this I had always on the same spot at the beginning a drop to 52-54 everytime I moved between those 2 houses right at the beginning. means I'll have a lot of weird fps drops in racing and a lot of action , and the fps drops in NFS14 with the 60fps hack means the game will actually be slower. Now I tried everything to see if it's anything to do with nvidia settings, driver or anything else, nothing. it just works 58-60 all the time. now I am able to play this game finally

Using only the INF update 1166 Intel Management + Intel Access 1.6.0.1012
    HPET Disabled both bios and windows.
    Windows 10 x64
    All Windows spy bs is Disabled.

20. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Which drivers are you guys using? The 347.25 are good but gives me some problems while using DSR, and the newer ones causes stuttering, so idk which one to use.