Recent Nvidia Drivers are the cause of your hitching/stuttering in games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    So once and for all, which intel drivers should be installed?

2. Michalko

Michalko Member Guru

GPU:
    a good one
    You need RST Driver and MEI Driver. Software set is optional and can cause issues.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Got it, thanks.

4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Just using the latest official one; 10.0.10240.16463

Btw@Michalko, you don't exactly "need" rst or its drivers. Worth testing both ways? Definitely

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Newer v13 is mostly for m.2 and sata express, but yeah also causes clicking issues every few min (powering them on/off) by certain old Hdd disks..

6. Michalko

Michalko Member Guru

GPU:
    a good one
    my hdd is not spinning down with anything newer with 13.2.4 + I have lot of crashes with RAID. Anything newer than 13.2.4 is piece of ****

7. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Games i've played extensively with no issues on the latest driver 355.82 on win10 (all with default IMEI drivers and constantly running MSI afterburner with OSD)

So the drivers themselves are not an issue in my case, and certainly work fine across a variety of games, from late 1990's to late 2015.

Modern Warfare 3
    Black ops II
    Crysis 3
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Mad Max
    Witcher 3
    Far Cry 4
    Baldurs gate 1
    Deus Ex 1
    GZdoom source port

8. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Dota 2, Mad Max, Counter Strike and Dying Light work perfectly but I was never able to fix my issue with Witcher 3 so I've given up on it for now, and I won't buy the expansion unless it's fixed.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Could be the reason why it takes ½ second for me to launch Windows Explorer? I got a WD Green that I suppose has to spin up or something.

Since Mad Max don't work well for me I'll assume that I got some corrupt driver that you don't have or you got some necessary driver that I don't have. So many system configurations out there...

10. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    Dont worry about fernando he use different raid rom bios modding.

Since after 1 year asus not updated raid rom on M7H i did some tests i getting 5100 but its cause weird effects on this mobo but in overall berformance not mutch different Since z87 maximus series still beat z97 maximus series due crappy bios. I hope that asus damn fixes this over 1 year still bad performing asus revised bioses i first time see from asus this.

I did ome tests 10547 win 10 insider build its perform mutch better over 10240 build have less issues gained over 380 more on passmark games run mutch smoother by using same MEI and drivers.

Used 355.82

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    No idea, mine is just an ugrade installation from win7 ultimate to win10 pro, all default OS installed drivers except i manually installed nvidia and creative labs drivers. I've actually never had a single issue since win 7 came out. for me the days of driver crashes and BSOD's ended with winxp.

Mad Max ran amazing. 2x DSR on a gtx970 and constant 60fps.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I get a random 1 second freeze on Mad Max every once in a while (maybe 10 minutes or so). Wondering if I'm alone there.

13. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I'm getting the same thing.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm also getting the same thing(Guess it's the game).

15. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Its not the game, its the driver.

Ive disabled and deleted cortana, removed the shellexperience, configured my pc to the maximum where no resources are used. CPU and GPU at its maximum, with zero throttling.

Metal gear solid v will hitch and stutter from time to time no matter what with new drivers and all settings on very high. But with 347.25 it will not.

I've added the phantom pain to mgsv ground zeroes profile with nvidia inspector. it plays perfect also. Just to make things clear, there is no bottleneck in my system. Nvidia just releases terrible drivers which i believed only amd can do.

16. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    No issues at all in mad max runs super smooth

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Tried the .98 WHQL but still the same stuttering in a select few games. It's simply not the nV driver but something else (like the IMEI or IRST thing we're debating).

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Lol, AMD drivers are rock solid of late. Glad we don't have stutter issues.
    I did have in GTA V with W10 when it launched but drivers have been sorted since then.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    It's not, actually. I tried 347.25, and while the game actually ran perfectly fine, the occasional stutter was still there. I also screwed around with MEI (I used your golden 1144 and the latest with no software at all), and tried older RST version, and none at all. Still happens. I'm one of the few around here who will reformat at the drop of a hat just to test things, and I already did that too. Nuffin.

Although keep in mind, you may still be onto something. I've had a split second game pause in CS:GO when a flashbang goes off since forever (literally been through three systems worth of parts since it started).

Margus, do you have a custom 970 bios flashed to your card? I'm starting to wonder if it's the card trying too aggressively to downclock at certain times. Where was that OCN thread about custom 970 G1 bios again? I'll try that too.

20. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    Not flashed card at all all default only pushed core and mem. I not tryed flash yet custom GOP MS signed but i think its not give any effect only possible problems. I killed by flashing many amd cards they failed less then 2 years so i stay away from videocard flashing.