Recent Gaming Dissappointments

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ScoobyDooby, Sep 21, 2008.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    NFS Pro**** is one of the worst games ever, 1 of biggest disappointments.
    Crysis-from first moment i knew it gonna be bad game, it was.
    Assassins Creed-tried it twice and got bored very quickly.

Biggest disappointed for me was UT3- that game promised to be revolution to UT universe, it has all to do that but it failed and we got half baked game, weird and useless UI, mini mutators, lack of maps, performance issues(lot of games claim that on the official site), UT2004 was the best UT ever, it came with so many content and the Bonus pack just added to a great game, UT3 on other hand, does not come close to that.

2. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    I would have to say Stalker the first one. I had high hopes for the game. A lot of people said it was gfeat. I just for th life of me cannot play it for longer than 30 minutes. I is just dull. I can not get into it. Another that I played the demo for and loved but hate the real game is Overlord. Demo was fun, game, not so much.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Star Wars the Force unleashed.

Yes.

Not happy with this at all.

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Ohh why did you buy it? Just by playing the demo you know it's just a rent

5. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You´re my best friend right now...LOL! :cheers:

6. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V
    Stalker was emensly better once i realize most of the stuff in the game was modeled off the real area. There was a website, i forgot the URL, where some crazy woman went around the chenobyl area and took pix... and then i realized how they looked exactly as they do in the game... pripyat, the bases, complete with the broken down russian hardware from the soviet era! Now how can you not like the game when you see that i dont know. (or maybe no one saw this web site). Just so much awesome history/lore with the whoel chenobyl incident, perfect thing to make a game out of.

7. alpha2beta

alpha2beta Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    I hope Mafia 2 is just as good as the first one. One of the best games ever! Please dont let us down on Mafia 2!

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    See, that's the thing...I thought the game would be good enough for me to just go buy it...Now I'm stuck with it, and probably it'll end up back at gamestop, or Ebay.

9. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Bionic Commando Rearmed, UT3, ET: Quake Wars, Crysis, Alone in the Dark, Spore... some aren't recent but i was dissapointed.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    NFS Pro Street :thumbdown

11. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    4 NFS's before Pro Street sucked so much so wasnt even expecting Pro Street to be a good game so cant say I'm dissappointed :D

12. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That was in the game's description since it was announced... so, yeah they probably realised that it was a perfect thing to make a game out of , but the game they made is not even near perfection...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  13. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Blacksite Area 51: Absolute rubbish, it came out buggy as hell and was far too linear. The whole squad morale thing was idiotic. It was a by the rails shooter that should have been released as a budget title but cost $50.00 when it came out.

14. Amakuma

Amakuma Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 512MB
    i just hope Fallout 3 is not a big disappointment

Spore was a huge let down

15. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    I'm sure The Witcher had a teleport system. I was using it in the swamps to
    get back to the town. I stopped playing in order to savour the Enhanced version.
    Which I've now got so I'll start that game again soon.

Quake Wars was a sad moment there seems to be something wrong with
    the way the guns work....

Assassins Creed... far too repetitive.

Gears of War... linear, repetitive & far too short. No replay value. A game
    for kids 9yrs to 17yrs even though it had an adult rating due to the swearing.

16. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    Oh lord...high expectations we have. I thought crysis was fantastic. Brilliant graphics, sound and gameplay (except alien bit, but hey it made it varied). I was playing warhead on enthusiast yesterday thinking, holy crap no other game can touch this by a long shot. Anyway...biggest dissapointment would be mercenaries. Ugly **** of a game, cant even touch just cause, and thats a BAD thing.

17. achille5

achille5 Member

GPU:
    Thank you for saying that. Everyone seems to be so hyped up about it, played beta for an hour and couldn't stand it! Ever since WoW released MMO's have died imo. They are all cookie cutter now. Don't think I can handle another AoC like letdown.

18. 3Dghost

3Dghost Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    NFS Pro Street....is more like need for :puke2::bang::biggun::crapper::rpg:

19. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    My biggest dissapointment this year was Command & Conquer 3:Tiberium Wars.
    I have played all C&C games for almost 2 years and didnt touch C&C3 after 2 days.The game just couldnt draw me in and make me enjoy it.

20. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V
    Cnc3 was a disappointment overall for me to, but the expansion was what the dr ordered. Bring on my beloved tiberian sun units... mmmm steel talons. one of the best exps for an RTS i have played in a long, time. Right up there with opposing fronts, and the dawn of war triple expansions.