Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC 2 wha

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Victormolyneaux, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Victormolyneaux

Victormolyneaux Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro M4000 8GB V
    Greetings a newbee here

I have just purchased a new Asus X99 Delux motherboard for my home office computer

it supports

Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    - High quality 112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
    - High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
    Audio Feature :
    - DTS Ultra PC II
    - DTS Connect
    - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
    - BD Audio Layer Content Protection
    - Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
    - Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
    - Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
    - Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
    - Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
    - Top notch audio sensation delivers according to the audio configuration
    - EMI protection cover to prevent electrical noise to affect the amplifier quality

Wireless Data Network
    Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
    Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
    Support ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Utility
    Up to 1300Mbps transfer speed

What speaker system do you guys recommend ?

I like the look of Razer Leviathan 60W 2.1ch Speakers for about $200 but I do not have a clue

but no budget concerns to about $400 but give me a reason to bust that

Thanks I know zero about this stuff just want a great sound that my kids will envy - I am running a black and silver theme to my system

Victor

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    For around that price on amazon, you can find a pair of JBL LSR 305's which are studio monitor's but, can be use for any type of audio rather it's a Movie/TV,Gaming and of course music, Which what I personally use my pair for.The JBL 305's would perform alot better then those Razer leviathan speakers.While getting more for your money since you mentioned about wanting a setup that would make your kids be envy of you. I did do a review on them which will explain how well they did on my end.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=406018

Amazon has them in a bundle with some cable's here, http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-Mo...8&qid=1457651896&sr=8-10&keywords=JBL+LSR+305 For $256 The ones linked come in a pair meaning two of them. Make sure that they say Pair's, if it doesn't mention any where if it comes in a bundle of two then most likely it's for one of them and not two.

Ebay Usually have them cheaper around 210-225,But then you will need to buy the cables depending on which path you will take.

I personally wouldn't use onboard audio for the source, I would suggest you pair them a sound card at-least or a cheap external dac. A used sound blaster Z usually goes for 65 dollars,The Asus Strix Sonar is another choice for a sound card and then an external dac such as the Schiit audio modni 2 which is $99 dollar's if you don't need the software suite of the sound cards, which would be a good option, and it is small so it wont take up room. There are other choice's for external Dac's such as a second hand Audio-GD NFB15/15.32/12.0 if you can find one.

If you go with the sound card route then the bundle already comes with the cable's you would need, which are the Dual XLR stereo cable, which you plug into the sound card Stereo connection. If you go with the Schiit audio Modni 2 route, you would need A pair of XLR male to RCA Male cable's such as these http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4777 two of them, one for the Left and one for the right, and you would plug them in to the RCA on the rear of the modni 2.

Depending on how far your gonna place them, you may need a bit longer space.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if you gona pay that kind money for 2.1 setup get the khiplish 2.1 promedia. no 2.1 setup can touch them at there price point though there are those that will say realtek audio with that 2.1 setup is waste in terms of audiophile

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  4. Victormolyneaux

Victormolyneaux Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro M4000 8GB V
    help

I purchased a new Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard for my home office computer - some time ago now and still nave no decent speakers

it supports

Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    - High quality 112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
    - High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
    Audio Feature :
    - DTS Ultra PC II
    - DTS Connect
    - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
    - BD Audio Layer Content Protection
    - Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
    - Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
    - Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
    - Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
    - Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
    - Top notch audio sensation delivers according to the audio configuration
    - EMI protection cover to prevent electrical noise to affect the amplifier quality

Wireless Data Network
    Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
    Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
    Support ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Utility
    Up to 1300Mbps transfer speed

What speaker system do you guys recommend ?

I have good old 8 ohs speakers hanging around or should I go wireless

no budget concerns now