1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need help with direct x error after overclocking?.

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by RanmaGamer61, Jun 2, 2019.

1. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 250 2GB
    I just oc'ed my q9550 and am getting direct x error after a couple seconds after launching my pc games and need help. I have a Asrock g41c gs motherboard and my cpu is at 2.4Ghz which is the max I can oc it.

My cpu is 2.8Ghz and my motherboard has to oc to run my cpu. My FSB is at 1066 and it is running great but when I oc my cpu I got direct x errors. I hope you can help.

I want to add I stress test my pc after I overclocked to 2.4 which is the max I can get it to with my hardware.

The stress test was a good and I was ready to play games, it tested my cpu load at 100% and also my memory and it completed with no errors.

I launched my first game which is Fortnite and it loaded fine, but in the main menu after a couple of seconds it would exit with a direct x error that says D3D has been lost. My second game I tested was Battlefield 4 and when loading a map it crashed with a direct x error also.

I am sure it is because of overclocking my cpu because I changed my cpu back to the default settings which are 2.2Ghz, launched Fortnite and Battlefield 4, and joined multiplayer and it loaded the game and it worked fine on both games.

Can anyone help me?.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Can you be clear on what speeds your running at. You keep switching from 2.4Ghz to 2.8ghz but if you have an Intel Q9550 This is a 2.8Ghz CPU so thats not overclocked at all.

3. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 250 2GB
    Hi my motherboard which is a ASRock G41C GS can only oc my cpu which is a q9550. If I want a higher fsb I have to oc, The max stable mhz I can run at without no crashes or errors in games is 2.2Ghz. At 2.2 it is not oc. Anything above 2.2Ghz has to oc with motherboard. The max i can oc is 2.4 and at 2.4 I get directx error in my games. Please google my motherboard it will say anything above 1066 fsb is oc. At 1066 fsb the cpu is at 2.2Ghz.

I really need help and I want to get a little performance gain for my pc games. It will be so great if you know how to fix the problem. I also read a forum post that said to down clock the gpu and it should work but it did not solve my problem. Here are my specs.

ASRock G41C GS
    Core 2 Quad q9550
    8gb ddr3
    AMD R7 250 2gb
    Windows 7 x64.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019