Reality hits you hard bro

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Oct 9, 2016.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    What is your opinion on life, this cruel world and our inevitable doom? I just cant see the point of life. Im not depressed neither am into nihilism, i just dont see the point. So much work and suffering and then you bite the dust, something is wrong. What are your reasons to live and what do you think of the human existence?

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    The short time we have on this earth that is why you need to get as much ass as possible, have no regrets and only look forward never backwards! Or as my buddy would say the 3 fs will guide you in this life....find em, fak em,forget em! Haha! And if you think our life's are short just look at certain bugs that only live for 24hrs dude. You would get bored if life was internal so yeah. Find some new hobbys get your ass off the computer and try something new! It is rather depressing staring at a screen 24hrs a day, I still love tech and pc parts but no more will that crap run my life. Cheer up bro and enjoy the short time we have on this earth.

3. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT Black Ed
    Do you realize we will be theoretically immortal if we survive long enough as a species.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Titties and Beer.

5. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    As fair as any other answer to be honest. I guess we make of life what we want to.

6. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    With you on this one. So far(21) I've wasted my time in front of the pc and knowing i don't have the chance to go back and be more social really
    bugs the hell out of me, keeps me up at night pretty damn often but yeah.. parents didn't really try to stop me from doing so and now i feel like even
    if i want to change things i can't because I'm socially disconnected and i feel like I'm about to waste the other half of my life. So far i still don't see the
    point of living but who knows, maybe its all a matrix or maybe ill just go play dota.

7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    You´re still young you can do anything. I can too im 26 yo. I guess these answers come with age too. Keep that chin up.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Not a day goes by without me thinking about the very questions asked by the OP. Though to be honest I prefer not to think about those things as it gets me down.

Personally I have things just allright; a house, a job, a girlfriend, a dog etc. But I find myself thinking more often what's the point when ultimately we are screwed.
    Famine, deprivation of natural resources, war... getting worse all the time. I suspect were nearing the point after which no action we take (or might take) will matter anymore, the damage's already been done.

On the other hand I say to myself why do I ponder these things. Just try and make the most of my own life, helping others if possible and so on and so forth. Sounds cliche I know.

Still, I often find myself exhausted by just everyday routines for no apparent reason. Somedays getting out of bed feels like an ultimate task.

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    George Carlin says we were put on Earth for plastic. The Earth wanted plastic. Now it has it so, furthermore, we're pretty much useless as beings.

My own opinion: Why does there have to be a point or purpose for being? Perhaps we just... ARE.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    "Wasting time" is a matter of perception.Are you aware of how many ppl would've done the same had their lives been different? In the ghetto, your environment/peers, have immense influence.You try to get out (even mentally) sacrifice the time to teach yourself something meaningful so you won't have to depend on Gov't programs.

But ppl now are small minded, especially the not so educated ones.The whole Alpha male thing has resurfaced in a more larger than life way.It's because the media, showing them visions of "stars" having it all, supposedly at times for doing nothing.Behind the scenes who knows what they have to do to get on tv or radio.

Everyone has the same insecurities, we're all human, who at some point coming up, had visions of where we saw ourselves in the future and now that future is not what we envisioned for ourselves.Everyone is bothered by it, young and old.Some are living their dreams, most are not.

So I say, as long your decisions in life don't oppress anyone else then karma would be kind to you.We're greater than the sum of our parts, it's the mind and energy that matter.The energy you emit.Not always positive true, but if negative, then it must be for a noble purpose, for the oppression of tyranny and injustice.And it doesn't have to be large scale, simple relationships between you and ppl you meet everyday.

Life is exciting as it is being on planet earth, no life other than us for light years across the galaxy.Look in the mirror, you are more than what the greatest minds in our history have led you to believe.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Thats the thing, life is pointless now matter how we see it. It´s up to us to give some meaning to it and enjoy what we can!... And please don´t ask me how to make life meaningful because i also don´t know...

Now back to my beloved games.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I guess that living a good life would be helping a lot of people and contributing in a positive way to our planet. Few people actually do that but some do and I consider them heroes.

13. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  14. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    I'd say there is no 'point'. You just have to find your own destiny.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Tbh I do not think any one can waste their life away. They are just living it differently. It might feel like what one did earlier was wasting it away but it is still living the life :D

Point of life is to life it the way you feel fit and it feels like you have some sort of purpose doing it and feel good. For some it's helping other people, for some it is sitting in front of their computer gaming or doing anything else. There are pretty much unlimited ways to live this thing we call life, tho one thing living life on the expense of others is a no no to me.

And if one feels he has wasted his life and is something like 21 years old, oh you have time to make social connections. Just do not worry that you "wasted" earlier years in front of a computer or did you not have fun at all?

16. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    I'm the other way around. I cannot even imagine to do the exact same thing for a hobby, like playing football/tennis/whatever sport everyday over and over again. PC gaming at least has some kind of variety, but I'm still bored to death sometimes.

17. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Existential nihilist here. There IS no point. There is no dignity, nor meaning. What there is are moments and they too will be lost, like "tears in the rain".

18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    It's a question none of us can answer truthfully because it's based off personal opinion.

I'm 35. I was an alcoholic for 10 years. Talk about a waste of time. I'm just glad at 34 I cleaned up and got my act together because there's lots of people that drink their whole lives and others that don't sober up or realize their issues until theyre 50.

I had a lot of fun drinking. I won't lie. But living like you're 22 for 12 years isn't ideal. It kind of stopped my personal growth and maturity. Now that I've been sober and had a year to reflect, I can get very hard on myself for wasting so much time and doing such dumb things I cannot get back. But what's the point? It's done and I can't go back.

So, I have to lend that idea to your larger thinking. No one *REALLY* knows why we are here. It can't be correctly answered in this life, so there's not much point reflecting on it, worry about it, concerning yourself, etc.

Just be. Don't hurt others and just enjoy the gift.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    It's all about perspective. Not everything in life is going to be all roses. Otherwise, how would we know when the good times roll?

20. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    life is what it is. I hope we get better as a race but in all honesty i think we are going down as a society.