REAL 480GTX Bench!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kohlendioxidus, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I'm gonna laugh my ass off when I see you sticking to a sinking ship sometime in the near future because you're too ignorant and childish that you obsess over a company and not a product.
    Also, I suggest you don't invest in the stock market, my spider senses tell me you are incapable of making a logical decision or coherent speech for that matter

2. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    If you don't like the Heaven benchmark then there will be Metro 2033 in a couple of weeks. Filled with dx10 and dx11 effects, that game should be interesting to see where ATi and nVidia stand. If the game is as well optimized as promised and doesn't need a ****load of patches and hotfix drivers, that is.

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Way I figure it...If the GTX 480 REALLY crushed the 5870. We would know it. We wouldn't be getting this trickle of leaked benchmarks that are pretty clearly for anyone in the know tailored to the 480's strong suits. And that's all well and good, it's good that they have different strengths, but what most of us care about are the games. Show us some games. Stalker, for instance, would be a perfect comparison. And why they haven't done that, if their card is truly faster, I just don't know.

No doubt they lose sales every day for people waiting. And those people might keep waiting if they just KNEW what the performance would be like. Nvidia would really help themselves out, sales-wise, in my opinion, by getting the word out there that their card IS faster. Assumng it is.

And you, chill out. Can't believe you turned his malice toward a product into malice toward HIM. At least he's insulting an inanimate object while you insult a person because your love for that inanimate object is offended.

4. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I think it's fun to see how nVidia treat their own NDA. 'We can't tell you anything yet but look at this graph, it shows you that ATi sucks'. It could've been from an Al Gore movie.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, as per IPlayNaked, if those leaked Far Cry2 benchmarks were legit then im sure Nvidia would be showing off something like that and the Unigine benchmarks, so they would grab the attention of the gamers and the benchmarkers.
    If its 10-20% faster then thats all and good, but if a game is getting 100fps on a 5870, do you really need 110-120fps, even at 50fps, would you be willing to spend all that money for 5-10fps.

Now as its Nvidia, they know that people will buy their cards no matter what, but i hope that they don't get so arrogant they think they can charge 50% more money for 10% more performance.

Also to people saying AMD will release a new card soon, or that Nvidia will manage to make a workable dual gpu solution, i want them to both forget about the hardware, and invest the money in getting DX11 into as many games as possible, either working together, or even against each other, as an ATI/Nvidia optimised DX11 game on Nvidia/ATI hardware is better than a standard DX9 one.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    expected more :( that doesnt look like decreasing 5xxx prices @_@

altho i also want game benchmarks

7. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    I think nvidia will have some sort of counter attack by releasing some benchies at the last moment and make people excited and make them buy the card!!! If nvidia know that their hardware is s.h.i.t ,they will still sell fermi at the same price they fix, because they know whatever may be the card performance there are some enthusiasts that will buy the card no matter how crap it is, so they will easily sell their initial stocks.(With this Nvidia can atleast make some money from fermi). After that they will reduce the price to compete with ATI in the market.(If still there is a competition lol..):banana::banana:

8. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    The thing that bothers me is that we've been spent nigh on 6 months speculating and listening to random idiots claiming that Fermi is AMAZINGLY FAST, or gets SLAPPED by ATi... I'm just sick of the damn speculation. With a month to go... is it too much to ask for the fanatics to just shut up and let us speculate in peace ?

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ieldra, you just answered your own question.

If people won't shut up about it for the many months before, they are hardly likely to do so in the few weeks before release.

10. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I expressed my feelings badly... What I meant was... Now the release is so soon, idiots who just say it sucks or its great piss the living crap out of me ... I just want to see the damn numbers.
    No 3Dmark, no unigine... GAMES and PHYSX... PHYSX performance should be up by a boatload

11. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    Why you people disregard a fps boost from say 100 to 150 saying that you will not see a difference between those fps,I ask you will you see a difference in a more intensive next gen. games between 25 or 40 fps?
    The answer is obvious and it is to not make such statements like you will live to the next day only lol.
    Anyways,neither card is really capable of good tesselation performance,for this we will have to wait the next gen.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A touching riddle Mozaik :p

Ieldra, yep, from an Nvidia fan point of view, people want to see Metro2033, if the GTX480 can beat the 5870 in DX11 and with PhysX enabled then its a definite success, if not, i will struggle myself finding a reason to buy one.

13. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Grrrr its the physx thing that f8cks me off, oh and the fact 9x out of 10 ATi's AA doesnt work.

FFs im glad i paid peanuts for this card :)

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    the physx doesnt even matter though as a cheap 8800GT or whatever can do that and an ati card + cheaper physx card will still probably be a lot cheaper than an 470/480

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Providing an 8800GT can do the PhysX effects though, im pretty sure it does have the power as long a the best drivers are hacked in time for it, since the dev's said it would be possible.

The rocket demo though, not sure that would be so easy.

16. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    This BS Nvidia are comparing Heaven v1.1 against ATi's benchmarks on v1.0 How on earth is this a fair comparison ?

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How do you know that?

18. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Can you run Eyeffinity + physx?

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As far as i've been told they have been comparing Heaven v1.1 on Nvidia against ATI 1.1 Nvidia.
    It's just none of us can use our hardware to compare to the v1.1 benchmark, this has been know for a few days.

20. goodald

goodald Member Guru

GPU:
    580 Asus DCII

I like my 4870x2; I agree, however, that getting AA/crossfire working in games (especially new ones) is hit or miss.

I've always been a fan of Nvidia's ability to force settings and set them by application/game.

At least ATI finally got around to separating the profiles from driver releases, hopefully that will fix the CF support lag we currently see.

Overall.. I'd like to see Fermi do well and hope Nvidia surprises everyone with some decent scores. They do need to stay viable to keep competition going in the discrete gpu space.