REAL 480GTX Bench!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kohlendioxidus, Mar 4, 2010.

1. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    bla bla bla
    when its out, ill see tests
    now, on benchamrk made (unhopefull) just for nvidia it can beat ati(or not), but...check prices(WHEN COMES OUT) and then compare...

wonder why they didnt this test on i.e. Battleforge...WHERE ARE GAME TESTS?!?!?

stop makin useless threads ppl...

2. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
  3. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    How they are running 1.1 version of the bench, when the only one publicly available is 1.0, fermi optimized bench.. typical BS, Nvidia pay the unigine developers...

[​IMG]

4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Don't think they paid them, probably had some glitching bug issues with 1.0 an fermi. Seen as fermi is nvidia new arch it's going have put up good fight against ati's 6 series with their new arch coming out too.

5. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
  6. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    You could be right, but let's wait for optimized ATI drivers for the 1.1 version.:3eyes:

7. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Normally threads like this are for people who needs to discuss, give and read opinions no matter what they favor ATI or nvidia.

Real games benchmark will appear sooner or later...:3eyes:

8. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    5970 is starting to look more and more attractive to me... I'll try hold out till summer though

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Here you go.

[​IMG]

10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I've got some chinese Crysis Warhead, Dirt 2 and Unigine benchmarks, too. ( 470 vs 5870 )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Them are only numbers nvidia posted and also the chip had several revision since that time. So till 3rd party review sites can look this cards over do not believe them. With the new revision they maybe much faster or much slower since could not get the wanted clock speeds (that is a rumor so take with a grain of salt).

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I personally don't feel that would be a fair comparison. Obviously you know the 5970 is 2 gpus... So, really a fair comparison would get the gtx 495 (or whatever they make). There's no way that I see nvidia ever being double the speed of a 5870 with one card... Just no way.

13. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

If the 480's mostly 40-50fps framerates aren't impressive to you, what do you think of your 5870's mostly 20-30fps framerates?

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
    NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to
    facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

14. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Unigine doesn't matter, and we were expecting 5970 performance in unigine... or at least I was

15. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Running Heaven benchmark at 1920x1080 noAA noAF with my non overclocked 5970 gives me a min fps of 27 fps near the dragon.
    If 480 give 42fps at the same scene that's pretty good.
    But remember that 480 is running Heaven 1.1 which is 30% faster in tesselation according to the benchmark devs (you can see that in devs diary in their website).
    Drivers can be improved for both cards, so performance will rise up a little more.

16. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    can you post your min, max and avg fps?? it will be nice to compare it with 480 gtx:wanker::wanker:

17. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    isnt that a bit greedy to expect 5970 unigine performance in 480 gtx?? if 480 scores around 5 fps less than 5970, then that would be remarkable

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    For me, the results ARE good. But, i wouldn't mind to have HD5870 tests that don't come from nVidia and with the Unigine 1.1.

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    not really the big selling point of the Fermi architecture, is amazing GPGPU performance/ray-tracing and they claimed tessellation was gonna own Evergreen, so expecting near 5970 performance in a tessellation bench is fair enough in my book

20. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    I am going to laugh my ass off when in about a couple months this card is available and amd puts out a new card to spank it soon as it comes out. All fun n games but you watch amd has 8 months on them now.