REAL 480GTX Bench!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kohlendioxidus, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    43 FPS in the dragon at 1920x1080 + 0xFSAA(is it me or the card is crap,even in tessellation).As i said availability for GTX480 is really bad so hope for the GTX470 which is ~5870

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    :biggun: unless you have your hands on the 1.1 version of the heaven benchmark you can't compare your cards scores...last time i checked was only 1.0 version available from the official heaven benchmark site.

See version states 1.1

http://unigine.com/press-releases/091022-heaven_benchmark/ only see 1.0 available :)

3. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Personally, if the gaming benches are anything like the Unigine bench, it looks like Nvidia really need to get to business on some sexy performance drivers, to compliment the mass hype it's created with this series.

4. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    wouldnt call that a bench...more like a custom made nvidia app that their using to suck each others nobs and saty how amazing they are without any real proof
    like many of the above, doesnt mean anything until we see the game apps.

and, 3dvisionsurround???...........**** me i swear iv seen that before , um now let me think a minute..........................

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010

5. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    if the 480 is slower it at least has to be cheeper in that case i will still go the nvidia route if its expensive the nvidia can go fuk them selves ...... and have lost a customer

and can every one stop posting crap benches lets wait till at least the cards are reviewed by guru3d

6. meds

meds Master Guru

GPU:
    in for later

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yeah, i supposed that the numbers weren't good for the HD5870. So i searched for unigine benchmark with HD5870. I couldn find any in the sites that i visit so i stopped looking.

8. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    that chart is quite disappointing to be honest.

9. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    i can´t see the page.. and when fermi is gonna out for sure ?

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3080 OC
    Looks like failure considering how late it is and how overpriced it will no doubt be.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    those results are pretty rubbish, considering Fermi is likely to be a crap overclocker( just going on the yields rumours and that the freq has supposedly been reduced ), while the 5870 is a pretty decent overclocker then its max overclock that matters. So that reduces the tesselation edge a tad.

Then, whats the story, Uningine Benchmark 1.1? why is it run on an i7 @3.3Ghz when the throughput of the card should matter?

I dunno, im no ati or nvidia fanboy but the whole thing looks fishy( although nice to get some semi legit benchies ), and looks more like a lab/best case scenario

Time will tell though, i think its all going to be down to price now though tbh. but if nvidia decide to go for the premium market they've picked a really bad time with this recession.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hard to tell from a graph like that, i much prefer simple min/max/avg numbers rather than trying to work it out for myself.

But if it only excels in tessellation then Nvidia will need to get a move on with TWIMTBP, and get DX11 into games, unless Metro2033 uses it more than they are suggesting, but after that i have no idea when the next DX11 game is out, Crysis2 maybe??

jed_tb, i doubt you've saw 3DVisionSurround before, it's not just like Eyefinity lol.

13. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    It's plain enough to see that these are exaggerated.

The reason for that is that the heaven benchmark isn't a realistic use of how tessellation is incorporated into games.

All of these people will be screaming "zomg 50% faster than the 5870" but in truth, yes, only on the heaven benchmark.

We can see clearly that the GTX480 are neck and neck in any realistic comparison, and the difference will likely be minimal in any game that uses tessellation in small amounts, which is where it will be more than likely used. As i say, the Heaven benchmark uses tessellation in ways and amounts that developers won't even come close to, so the performance advantage that is seen here in the tessellated environment is pretty much irrelevant, as it won't be seen in a normal gaming environment.

This benchmark will cater to those who just see a graph thats higher than the competition, in essence, they are catering to the painfully ignorant. Anyone who can see what game they are playing here (pun intended) should be able to see that Nvidia have done nothing other than bring out a GPU that directly competes with the 5870, which was overhyped and doesn't beat it by a very concise margine so far... proof is in the images, when tessellation isn't "spammed" into the scene, the GTX480 and 5870 are pretty much on an even playing field.

I'll look forward to seeing some proper benchmarks, but i'd like to leave a comment to "UnrealGaming" ... yeah, 5970 indeed... Way to sugarcoat your post.

I didn't post this as an ATI customer, i posted it as an enthusiast, who wants the best product for his rig.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe im missing something, but if at one point the 5870 is getting around 30fps, and the 480 60fps, then that is 100% better performance, not 50%, or even more than that if you look at one section that looks around 18fps and 41fps.
    Yes, this was only in the heavily tessellated area's, but it's just quite funny how so many ATI users are dismissing this feature, when it was all they could talk about 6months ago, even DX11 as a whole is ironically being downplayed.

I think UnrealGaming was referring to the Far Cry2 benchmarks which had the GTX480 as fast as a 5970, but i doubt the legitimacy of them till i see someone else confirm the same thing, and would of thought Nvidia would of been showing something like them off at this point, unless they really are concentrating on DX11 and other new tech.

If they are prioritising new tech, i don't see that helping short term sales, unless they price match ATI, which i doubt will happen.
    If DX9/10 performance is lower or even not more than 30% better than a 5870, it will be a hard sell for them, not many will replace a perfectly good 5870 for an extra 5-10fps at the price of a few hundred more £/$/€.

Hopefully once this card is out, more DX11 support is announced, as at the moment its pathetic, if you don't play MMORPG's or racing games, then you only have Crysis2 this year.
    [​IMG]

15. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    480 is a single GPU card tho, 5970 is dual

16. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    @red - dx11 is being downplayed bc it's nothing really especially with pretty much console ports now to pc, dx11 just won't happen and will only be in few games and even then it's pointlessly implemented .ie like in dirt2,bc2 etc.

My last two cards have been nvidia but you have to b a bit of a muppet to really think that them releasing a card with 1yr old tech at max price with horrible overheads as a good thing....bc it's not.and even judging from this rather one sided demo in the video-Its nothing special when it comes to RW performance.

Yeh fair enough if you like jerking off over tessalisation,but frankly it means **** in 99% of games released or too be released in the future.

Oh and let's not forger that were likely to see 2nd gen ati cards soon and the law of averages denotes that they will likely piss Over this.

17. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Again a lot of people keep referring to prices not released nor confirmed by nVidia as being fact. Really.... why bother at all with commenting on something when you only use rumours to back up your statements??

18. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I'm certain that nvidia will sell this card @ 600€, but maybe at the launch time when everybody will want one will be at or could exceed this price. In Germany a Sapphire 5870 will cost you 399€ atm so I'll make no dreams that nvidia will drop the prices below that. Don't get me wrong here I would like to see nvidia launch @ 400€ and to force ATI drop below 250€ but we all know it will not gonna happend soon enough:biggun:.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    i think you right. i do hope for a price war!

20. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No, actually you are ignorant. And you are sugarcoating your posts.

The only two actual benchmarks I've seen are this, and FC2 bench.

I just said what they showed:

So, you are pretty much ignoring the tests. And writing about something non existent. Yet you claim that I am "sugarcoating" my posts.
    Those are the benchmarks, if they are somehow hurting you, well its not my problem. When more benchmarks are out. We'll see more, whatever that might be. And thats pretty much it.