READ: World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Random2005, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Lol, I'm sorry but that is kinda funny to me. I can play WoW with HQ in drivers, max in-game settings @ 16x12. Don't believe that I've tried with AA or AF on. The lowest I've ever seen was like 37. Mostly in the 50-60 range though, in which 60 is the max capped.

2. Ultrax75

Ultrax75 Guest

Hm thats interesting (it really is).

Was EVERYTHING at max? terrain distance aswell? Level of detail turned of...? Hm if it was... well hm thats weird. Especially certain parts of flight paths is the main area for "low" FPS for me (no... not the load parts).

Hm what drivers do you use? (maybe the 71.84 arent that great for WoW (I use 71.84), because there's nothing wrong with my system...).

3. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    it's the game. it wasn't optimized very well. some people with fast rigs get awful performance.

4. Gnarg!

Gnarg! Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 X2 (HIS)
    ..Oh yer.. Btw how come most MMORPG games look horrid?

: S

Edit* Graphically, of course.. Duh XD

5. Ultrax75

Ultrax75 Guest

Their GFX engines have to show hugh amounts of land area (distance) and be able to cope with hugh amounts of players. That combined with the massive scale of certain monsters and buildings makes them in general look "bad". However, I think that WoW do look great. Not super great or unbelivable, but still great. It isn't super advanced but can still use DX9 and do support some nice effects. The game is also from an artistical viewpoint amazing and Blizzard have said on the DVD that is included with the Collector's Edition that they could add higer detail monsters as the technology gets better and faster (unless I missunderstood them).

Hm, if the GFX engine is unoptimized that would explain alot.
    Joust in case did I joust install the 76.44 drivers... (and got rid of that persistent temperature bug).

6. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    WoW may not have high poly counts but it's style is simply amazing. it completely immerses you into the world.

7. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Yes, everything was maxed. I can't remember what driver it was as I have stopped playing since then. It was about 2 1/2 months ago; so whatever the latest driver was back then.

8. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i get 50-60 frames and that game doesnt look any better than cs source and i get 100fps in source

still its playable at that level

if all your going to be playing is wow

look at the guru 3d reviews on the 6600 and 6200

probably a better choice if all you play is WOW the GT is overkill if all your going to play is WOW