Read this Nvidia Internal Document on NV40 vs R420. quite funny.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by David, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Monrad, that was funny as hell! Lol, when in doubt, flame Bill!
    And as far as nVidia and ATI merging, they should give the first child a name that nobody will be able to fully remember, because it should be a LONG name. Lol.

2. neowar3020

neowar3020 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi GeforceFx 5900-VTD128
    hey you "HERO OF TIME" travel in time and tell us a world without that, o and if its posible to destroy it beceuas if its hard im not going to do that, and prefer to keep those things.

3. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

like the new Nvidati Geforce Radeon 15000Ultra 1gb 512bit DDR 5 ram

lol

oh and i can't Travel in time

the guy in the mask stole my ocarina, and my horse

4. neowar3020

neowar3020 Maha Guru

GPU:
    damn, i think i will be seating in my chair in front of my windows and wait for the new 6 generations next to these ones.

5. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

lol,

yeah

hmmm

too bad theres no one rich enough to revive 3DFX

6. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

hey guys this thread is now an official new item on the guru3d home page

7. Monrad

Monrad Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro =)))
    Uhmmm... Hilbert will ban us all... this is waaaay offtopic right now :(

8. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

yeah, back to the point,

so some people are saying this is fake, yet Nvidia has confirmed its a true document,

the 6800 is the best in its class right now, the X800 don't even compete,

seriously why buy a X800 if you have a 9800 or whatever cause your only gunna need to upgrade in a few months to use SM3.0 anyway

9. neowar3020

neowar3020 Maha Guru

GPU:
    is it true?? argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. General Lee

GPU:
    Dude, what do you mean the X800 doesn't even compete?!? It's a great card, even though I've heard a couple of reports from people who own it that it isn't seeming much faster than a 9800 Pro/XT. Just because one video card is better doesn't mean the other is crap. Look at 9800s and 5900/50s, the 9800 was better in the areas that benchers claimed to be more important, yet the 5900/50 cards were still really good cards. In fact, the 5900 series is probably the most modable. You can mod it to a Quadro, you can flash it to a 5950 Ultra, you can mod the BIOS more easily than any other card, etc. It also runs dual monitors better, VIVO is better, and it works wonderfully with Linux. The 5900 series is pretty much also a hobbyists card.

EDIT: No, I don't think Hilbert is gonna ban us for going off topic. Were that true, Guru3D forums wouldn't have ANY members, lol.

11. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

it doesn't compete because its 2 different hardware classes as i've said,

you can't compare them cause ones a PS2.0 card and the other is ps3.0

thats all i mean

if you were to compare them in say 3dmark03 thats different, cause they both use the same ps basically

but you can't compare them hardware technically

12. General Lee

GPU:
    Well, if that's the case, you can't compare a lot of other computer hardware, especially CPUs. Intel keeps spouting this "Mhz are everything" to people, basically trying to keep the average consumer ignorant about how CPUs really work. AMD doesn't run their CPUs as fast because they don't have to...they perform more instructions per clock cycle, just like what nVidia are doing NOW with the 6800s. Remember, the 5900s were running stock at 450, then 5950s were running stock at 475. Now, the 6800s are starting out at what...350Mhz? The regular 6800s and the Ultras are going to be running at 400Mhz and higher, so this is starting to look like another AMD vs Intel deal.

13. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

lol

remember Intels new performance rating

they no longer determine speed via megahertz/gigahertz

14. General Lee

GPU:
    Oh God, don't even start with that load of crap man. What the hell is Intel thinking? It's already confusing enough, because Mhz don't mean anything unless you know how the hardware works, and now they are using another method of rating speed. I think they are just doing this because AMD has a method of rating their CPUs based on Intel's CPUs speed in Mhz. Now AMD will probably have to adopt a new method of rating their CPU speed.

15. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    That's how business works, get use to it or go live under a rock. ATI does the same and they did recently with their so called Native-PCIe-Solution. Anybody remember that one?

16. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

yeah and chill out

now back to the entire point of the thread,

it stated "ati wanted to put sm3.0 in but didn't know how"

how can this be true

17. Drayvn

Drayvn Guest

*sigh*

i dont know why ppl didnt read my post before talking about PS3, i explained what the difference is, i also explained that when PS3 will be utilized, i explained what the patch will be for Far Cry, i explained that u dont need a PS3 card now.

So ill explain in short

PS3 is just an easier program for developers to use and it has more room to construct shaders, thats it, nothing other than that, nudda!

PS3 has only officially been announced in Unreal 3, thats it, no where else, and u say, how about Far Cry, if u read the announcements carefull, its a PS3 EXTENSION!, so its not the full PS3 program, just like someone said before, only parts of the game will utilize this, like Halo utilizing PS2 for the Chief and a few other things, if u want to have a full PS3 supported game, might as well buy the game again as EVERYTHING has to be recoded into the PS3 structure

U also dont need a PS3 card now as the only engine i have heard of is in 2006, and thats the Unreal 3 Engine, and in less than a year, and more like 6 months, u have PCX coming out, then give it a year, a lot of ppl would have it, then what do u do with ur 6800U which is AGP, and if u still have AGP, in the http://www.unrealtechnology.com site, they said that CURRENT GPU's like the 6800U will run it at about average performance.

Also ATI have a NATIVE slot while nVidia have a bridged version, and everyone who has talked about this, all the experts, all know that the bridged version will be slower as u have to go through extra information and chips to do anything, degrading performance. This is what FUTURE PROOFING is.

Please read my other post to get more infomation

18. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

the fact is,

whats gunna be the difference on pci express

like agp 8x didn't change a whole lot from 4x except for voltages,

19. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Don't be so sure...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16069

20. Drayvn

Drayvn Guest

ATI id know how, read the quote again, it says "Yes we could" not "No we cant" could meaning they didnt want to or did want to.

ATI also said how produce-ABLE, what are the extra cost, what power management do u need, how much bigger is it and does it balance the need for PS3 for a bigger, hotter and more power hungry card

And this is why ATI havent implemented PS3 for now, its at the bottom of the page, this is probably why they havent implemented it http://techreport.com/etc/2004q2/nalasco/index.x?pg=4

I will be on the lookout for FAR Cry when the patch comes out for PS3 or its extensions, and see which one performs better or which one has better image quality...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.