Read this Nvidia Internal Document on NV40 vs R420. quite funny.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by David, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drayvn

Drayvn Guest

Well my verdict is that ATI is native and nVidia is bridged, but this still could be true, but itll be best to wait for the REAL experts, as i am not one, to check this out...

2. Super XP

Super XP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    Can you post something intelligent for once in your life? What’s with the ATI “fan boy” name calling? Oh, and you know who you are. Listen buddy, if you can’t say something productive, leave. Stop giving useless assumptions about Rage 3D or anybody which prefers ATI or NVIDIA.

3. Surfy

Surfy Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1070 Strix
    Maybe we can do another "Video cards under extreme circumstances" experiment with that X800 and see if it lasts! LMAO!!!

4. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    And why are you here? (looking at your post count and when you joined this place tells me your here to cause trouble and it shows)

Last edited: May 26, 2004

5. Super XP

Super XP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    You have to be kidding right? I joined this forum because it’s full of knowledge. I don’t like the fact that people make up assumptions about other people.

i.e.: Rage 3D and ATI Fan boys! Come on, how old are you people?

6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff New Member

Oh man, this has to be the best posting I've read in a long time.

I've been gaming a long, long time, and I can remember a little company (Nvidia) fighting it out with a bigger company (3Dfx) on these very same issues. Come to think of it, it was all about Anti-aliasing and filtering.

3Dfx was going on and on about fillrate, and performance, while Nvidia was all over image quality and features over fillrate/performance.

Same damn story all over again.

Even the candyass bitching of company A versus company N.

Pa-lease! People will buy the card THEY believe will best suit their gaming needs, and that will be based on the games they are playing (now and later on), not just because it doesn't have 1 F'ing feature the other card does. (anyone recall the DirectX vs OGL mayhem?)

I've had every card under the sun at one time or another. Hercules Dyanmite 128, Rendition Verite 2200, 3Dfx (Dual Voodoo2s, V3), Nvidia (Geforce 2, 3, 4), and now to ATI (9800Pro). PS3.0? Who f'ing cares right now. All I know is my 9800Pro is kicking major ass, and will do so for a while to come. When I go to purchase my next card I'll take a serious look at what is available game wise at the time. If ATI burns through games like yesterdays chilli through my colon, I'll buy it. If it's Nvidia, I'll buy it instead.

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  7. neowar3020

neowar3020 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Msi GeforceFx 5900-VTD128

So?? who are you anyway?

8. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    The "fan boy" name calling probably hit home with him. The truth must hurt.

9. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

Nvidia is better in opengl then ati

i play more d3d games then ogl, but,

i've stuck by nvidia, and leadtek

i couldn't care how much better an aTI card is, right now.....

i've had bitter experiences with ati in the past, and thats where they are staying

also ati tech support sucks
    rude mongrels

10. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Okay enough you guys are waaayyy off topic.

Thread Closed

BTW High to the guys from Rage3d, remember to read the stickies ;)

11. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

well, maybe its cause of these guys making it off topic,

comeon guys,

constructive posts pls

12. EMunEEE

EMunEEE Guest

You actually believe all the garbage that comes out of your mouth. It's like you are trying sooo hard not to get a card from ATI and the points you made were for the most part false. Like I said before, the one thing that is actually available now is 1600x1200 gaming with 4x-6xAA and 16xAF which conquers the 6800U in virtually every test. Jack up the AA/AF in many games and the 6800 Ultra is not in the same league. The 6800 Ultra is not a bad card (hell its LOTSSSsss better than the FX5800U). But considering that the X800 PRO/XT is a one slot solution, same power draw as 9800 series, fits in SFF cases, dominating PS2.0 performance, etc...the X800 is an engineering masterpiece.

Another thing, can we please embrace the whole SM3.0 concept instead of PS3.0...I find VS3.0 to be far more substantial in what it can bring to the table than PS3.0 (#1 being geometric instancing). :)

13. Hero_of_Time

Hero_of_Time Guest

EMunEE

we don't need your garbage,

i was just stating why i will never touch ati again, and you turn it into a flame response,

its people like you that we don't need on guru3d

anyway,

if we don't turn this thread constructive its gunna be closed

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Lock up this thread already.....puh-lease!:p :D

15. 0ldCrow

0ldCrow Master Guru

GPU:
    Check
    Well it looks like the PR theme is working for both companies. One says to downplay a feature while the other toutes it. Now we have a bunch of mini PR people sounding off. I give both companies a A for effectiveness, maybe even an A+ for Nvidia for the ruckus that follows even when they cut a fart.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.