RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    RT6600XT: Just wondering, is it worth repasting my GPU?
    The GPU junction temp is often hovering about 90/100C. I read on the net that the silicon is good with this and will not throttle back until 110c and the fan has plenty of head room to stay on top of this.
    20220815_095658.jpg

2. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800XT RED DEVIL
    This junction temp I think should have never been shown to people ... I went crazy over it for a week or so ... since my performance never degraded and I'm stable at 2650MHz playing for hours I completely forgot about it. Not sure will it ruin my card faster ? Not sure ... can I play and have fun ? YES

P.S. lost my warranty because of it ... play stupid games win stupid prizes

boye oerlemans and vestibule like this.
  3. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Buddy, Phenom ll ?
    I like it. Its great to see a 10+ years old CPU still at it. :D

Espionage724 likes this.
  4. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800XT RED DEVIL
    Phenom 2 lol sounds sexy for 2022 for sure. If it was a top FX one from back in those days they 8 core 8 thread one that was way above 200W TDP the 8950 ?! or something. I had an 8350 I think the lowest spec one and it was still good for unzip and winrar if you had time to wait :D

vestibule likes this.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I was using an i7 950 / x58 setup until 2020 :)

vestibule likes this.
  6. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800XT RED DEVIL
    Did a ghetto mod to the 6750XT with the following:

Artic fans 12cm x 2 pieces PST (static pressure fans with PWM)
    Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on GPU
    Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 or something on VRMs and VRAM
    Homemade plastic shroud to guide all air from 12cm fans into the radiator. (looks better in reality was with a plastic foil on top then I removed it)
    Lapped the radiator the second time to mirrow finish.

Results ? Same as always but a little bit higher boost clocks. This bios or this card is crazy or all the 6000 series are ?!?!? It just boosts until 110 C HOTSPOT and then it stays there.

Either I lost the sillicon lottery big time or the Gigabyte Radiator is the most utter crap in the world.

https://i.ibb.co/2PSnHW8/IMG-1532.jpg https://i.ibb.co/BtVdqQX/IMG-1533.jpg

https://ibb.co/2PSnHW8
    https://ibb.co/BtVdqQX

Can't seem to find a good way to upload pictures ... the forum doesnt allow any HTML code or anything.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  7. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    So, I got a second hand XFX Swft 6700XT, seemingly in mint condition. It still has 2+ years of guarantee left.

I have 2 major concerns.

1) The card on stock works perfectly. Normal clocks, scores, normal fps while gaming. Messing with the settings (core, mem, mem timings, voltages, power etc) either does nothing at all (especially power draw...even at +15% results in zero difference, the card won't go even a mW above 187, no matter the test/bench) or results in some kind of instability. I tried undervolt (-50mV, nothing extreme), mem oc (2100), fast timings etc, after 2 or 3 days I got ctds, reboots, some other kind of weird behavior. I checked the bios version against the TPU version, everything looks as it should.

Coming from my faithful V56 on a V64bios and everything tuned and retuned, it seems odd.

2) Temp wise, core is ok, but hotspot gets 20-25C degrees hotter. Any thoughts on it?

I thought about cross-flashing the Merc BIOS, but I've been told that it won't work due to device id mismatch etc.

TY for any help.

8. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 2070 ,5700xt
    Repaste,you will see good results up to 10 degrees below.

Espionage724 and vestibule like this.
  9. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 2070 ,5700xt
    Use MorePowerTool
    https://www.igorslab.de/en/red-bios...even-more-stable-overclocking-navi-unlimited/

10. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT

11. Cronik

Cronik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)OC'd
    Just got an RX 6700(non-XT)

Feels good

Strange Times likes this.
  12. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600
    HOW TO UNLOCK PWRLIMIT ON 6600?
    MPT WORKS BUT RED BIOS EDITOR NOT SUPPORTED :(

13. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    I want to know the same. I just installed RBE but 6600 doesn't seem to be supported? How to even edit Bios there if possible?

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6600 XT
    I had broken fan controls on 22.10.1 and it turns out I had the VBIOS switch on compute instead of performance. Flipped the switch and now fan controls work fine again.

The compute VBIOS had a newer version and date, and I just assumed it was the performance one :p The XFX manual also mentions where the switch should be on the last page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  15. Hi peeps,

Just wanted to post I also have purchased an Asus AMD 6700XT a couple of months ago. I combined with a amd3600 cpu on an x570 mobo. My system runs on 1080p 144fps settings so the gpu is overkill in most games. I want to upgrade to a widescreen 1440p within the next year if inflation allows it.:cool:

My experience is that the gpu's are noisy as frack if you have a dual fan cooler, luckely I use a headset. Does anyone installed an aftermarket coolersolution to minimize noise without losing performance? It is a pretty hefty heatload to transfer away.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Just got my wife a used 6800 XT Red Dragon for 500€ ... I got the ref model :D I feel a bit jelly lol. But couldn't pass on that she is also getting a 34" ultrawide, my old 3900x x470 motherboard with 16gb ram, 2tb m.2 and 2 tb SSD to run her stuff, ran on 750w platinum corsair psu. With Phanteks AiO and Lian Li Lancool 3. Should be enough to keep everything under wraps and going.

17. Cronik

Cronik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)OC'd
    There are a couple of downsides I want to point out since having an AMD GPU again.

I can't force any driver level Anisotropic filtering and Anti-aliasing in any game that isn't DX9. Also, MLAA doesn't work in any Vulkan and DX12 games.

Driver level FXAA works with all games on Nvidia GPU's and so does AF. The other AA methods are usually forced through Nvidia inspector.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6600 XT
    Are you sure? Afaik the tooltip says it only affects DX9, but I vaguely recall hearing that an AMD employee said the tooltip isn't updated and that it covers more than that.

19. Cronik

Cronik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)OC'd
    I'm positive. The textures in The Elder Scrolls Online look like puke from certain angles and distances like there's no AF being applied.

20. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX