RDNA2 RX6000 Series Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 29, 2020.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Yes, seems that 6800XT is beating my RTX 3080 in RT performance :eek:
    With DLSS it's different story, but still I'm really surprised :)

2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    I told ya..... it will be a beast! And don't forget that those cards CAN actually OC like crazy!! LoL.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Wouldn't that need game support for genuinely really good results?

Long as it doesn't look messy, noisy or smoothed I suppose but getting the finer details right and all.
    [​IMG]

That's going to curious to see in action alright.

EDIT: Bit of a oh lol moment though if AMD just implements in everything like set and forget and it just works Todd Howard style (Well..or not.) but yeah it kinda can't it's a little bit more complex.
    If that's at all doable NVIDIA would have been there by this point after all it's sorta a "Big Win" button to have if it could be a performance boost with minimal drawbacks in everything toggle on and never set it back to off ever.

Or jamming AI training into driver profiles as a way for this and resolving it over time supporting more (popular, mainstream games.) that way so it's going to look bad until AMD gets a profile or model implemented but without the patch for the game data side of things though how well could that really work.

Too many art styles and visual designs and all sorts of stuff for just getting it right as a toggle unless this is going to be very simplistic and more upscaling and less reconstructive.

Yeah it's going to be really interesting to see how this will work.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Undying likes this.
  4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    It is more like >
    [​IMG]

Source>
    https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...on_game-changer_that_nobody_s_talking_about/1

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah I can see it working out decently enough (The image has plenty of flaws after all.) especially with the performance uplift as a big thing even with some trade-offs but it's going to need some good comparison videos to see it in motion plus finer elements and harder to replicate shader or other visual elements granted still there's a potentially really good performance gain to be had but not without some drawbacks potentially big ones in some titles or game engines. :)

EDIT: It's a good start it's not like I hate it or anything I'm skeptical especially the first version here and how much work is required it's not going to work if the image looks like you ran a filter over it especially in motion but I do like the idea and in time it's likely going to be really good too.

Combined it might also allow upscaling into higher resolution than native at a lesser performance cost further improving immediate visual quality but then motion as a big question mark still, for the moment at least.

Undying likes this.
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
  9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I dunno about other countries, but just half day before the official launch of the RX 6800 series, and a vendor her said there's a 'super shortage' while another said we won't be seeing a 6800 series card till first week of December! Looks like it's gonna be similar to the RTX3080 debacle we're all so familiar with.

10. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Anyone got cards yet.

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Reviewers had them for days... but they are under NDA, so don't expect any new info until... well, about 9 hours from now

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Some early leaks.

[​IMG]

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    I want to finish Control w/RT on + i want to play CP 2077 w/RT on
    So I'm not entirely convinced, even when 2500MHz OC will not give 20FPS in RT -> no way

I don't wanna watch CP 2077 at filmic 30FPS, when NV users will have it at DLSS 60-90FPS ;)
    You still pay for this hefty 649€ and We (ATI users) will be behind nV for entire generation.

IMhO is better to wait for reviews, im not in a hurry BTW i have good performance on my Vega.... Click or not to click* that is the question.

*Buy when avaible instantly.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    LoL.... where is the problem. You will enable "RDLSS" for playable RT framerates (as all NV users do) and all will be good.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

Tbh I dont believe without getting 3090 to have decent rt close to 60fps even with dlss on 5120*1440. Anyway If game has older dlss my display won't work with the dlss.

And currently running 980 lol. Also nvidia doesnt support 240hz on my display unlike AMD

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  20. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX2070 Black
    AMD has them listed on their store page but when you click on it says page not found. Can't believe I'm sitting here waiting... lols I wanna believe in amd this round. Sure wish they would have let people show reviews already..... Yaaaaaaawn(I'm so tired)....